Hacking any 3ds carts that DONT need a DS to update?

zanfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondering because my friend who lives in another state wants one, but has no DS anymore, is there any that can update without a DS? (and he already accidently ordered an r4i gold from realhotstuff.com and is trying to see how to cancel)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I seem to recall there being some card (Supercard DS TWO, perhaps?) that simply required you put the update file on the micro SD card and put it in a 3DS console and turned on power to update. You just waited a minute or two, rebooted and it was updated. (I believe turning on the 3DS powered the card, allowing the internal CPU to perform the update).

Although Nintendo may have stopped this working since then. Come to think of it, I can't remember if it was in the 3DS days or the DSi days I heard of this.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Buy cards that are already updated.
You can update DSTWO on a 3DS(Latest firwmare) but that method is risky cause it can brick the card.

zanfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy cards that are already updated.
You can update DSTWO on a 3DS(Latest firwmare) but that method is risky cause it can brick the card.

well il let him know when he gets off work, i had totally forgot about needing a DS to update the things and he had already bought one. Hopefully they give him the money back.

Il tell him his options and he can decide what he wants to do, though i think the mention of a possible bricking using the 3ds update way on the dstwo he might just forget it.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
well il let him know when he gets off work, i had totally forgot about needing a DS to update the things and he had already bought one. Hopefully they give him the money back.

Il tell him his options and he can decide what he wants to do, though i think the mention of a possible bricking using the 3ds update way on the dstwo he might just forget it.

No, i mean the method can brick the Flashcard(DSTWO) not the system.

zanfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, i mean the method can brick the Flashcard(DSTWO) not the system.

oh ok, well thats not nearly as bad. Any trusted sites that sell DSTWO with it updated? ive only personally used realhotstuff.com myself, but i dont see anything about it being pre-updated.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
oh ok, well thats not nearly as bad. Any trusted sites that sell DSTWO with it updated? ive only personally used realhotstuff.com myself, but i dont see anything about it being pre-updated.

ZhuZhuChina sells them pre-updated.
And one more thing, it seems the DSTWO has some kind of contact issues with 3DS systems.
I saw about 10 peoples on gbatemp complaining about it.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My DSTwo has contact issues with my DSi system but not with the 3DS. But it's sometimes hard to eject the card.

Just to remember you: No flashcard plays 3DS games. Just DS mode is avaible yet.

The second update function works fine with the latest firmware.

zanfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DSTwo has contact issues with my DSi system but not with the 3DS. But it's sometimes hard to eject the card.

Just to remember you: No flashcard plays 3DS games. Just DS mode is avaible yet.

The second update function works fine with the latest firmware.

we know they dont play 3ds games, though my pirating arse is hoping they hack the thing soon (seems like its getting closer with some of the recent posts)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1