Anti-a9lh, Anti-Menuhax, , Anti-Mac, Anti-Windows and Anti-Crap Posting Thread

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Project Astoria, also known as Windows Bridge for Android, is a toolkit that allows running Android apps on Windows 10 Mobile devices.
The naming convention for latest discovered files is very similar to the Android Subsystem files from Project Astoria, i.e. ADss.sys.
So, the "LX" in these name, however, can only be taken for one thing, and that is LINUX, which suggests the Windows 10 will have access to a Linux subsystem also.

Why a Linux Subsystem?
Since Windows 10 has been introduced as a Universal Operating system for all devices, so it might be possible that Microsoft wants to expand Project Astoria from mobile devices to desktop users.
If this comes to be true, adding a Linux subsystem will be beneficial in case Microsoft has plans to offer support for Linux applications, especially servers related technology and software.
Windows still wants that sweet linux though

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But they would still need linux...

God can you even think???
Not what im getting at, I don't need linux in anyway, the only way I ever use linux is if i need Gparted Live which is very rare. VB sucks ass, I tried it earlier, no natural link with a systems ports, everything has to be manually linked. No USB image boot support, VMware on Windows, you can boot from a USB image, because who uses Disc anymore.

Edit: obviously you can boot from a USB image on VB, but in the time it takes you to set it all up correctly it would be faster to go to your local computer store and purchase a DVD drive and DVD-R's

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In the mean time if you want to upgrade to win 10, here is a cheaper way of doing so, around $23 for a win10 pro key
http://twed.com/product/windows-10-...um=referral&utm_campaign=cheapdigitaldownload

Last edited by DHall243,

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not what im getting at, I don't need linux in anyway, the only way I ever use linux is if i need Gparted Live which is very rare. VB sucks ass, I tried it earlier, no natural link with a systems ports, everything has to be manually linked. No USB image boot support, VMware on Windows, you can boot from a USB image, because who uses Disc anymore.

Edit: obviously you can boot from a USB image on VB, but in the time it takes you to set it all up correctly it would be faster to go to your local computer store and purchase a DVD drive and DVD-R's

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In the mean time if you want to upgrade to win 10, here is a cheaper way of doing so, around $23 for a win10 pro key
http://twed.com/product/windows-10-...um=referral&utm_campaign=cheapdigitaldownload
I'm done talking to you. You're a lost cause.

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've used Windows for a long time, but I tried Ubuntu the other day and since then, the only time I've really used Windows is for CS:GO.

Anywho, Linux does what I need it to do, and is free (also saves power). So why the fuck not?

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanna know which is better,Linux or Windows?

From a security standpoint linux pwns windows, but if you're a pc gamer, the library for linux is laughable compared to windows. It all depends on what you want to do, there's a lot of other variables too. Me personally, I prefer to dual boot and run both :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +3
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck this heatwave, i don't usually sleep with a fan, but i believe the fan is getting put on the bed rather than beside it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S 12:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING AND IT'S STILL 78°, WHAT THE FUCK?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    78º seems abnormal for any part of the day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it was 96 F for the high, 78 F for the low today, in Ohio, bout same for bakerman in Michigan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    F = Freedom units
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    So... C = Cum units?
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: So... C = Cum units?