sh0wst0pper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've been using SXOS since it was released on my original Switch. The loading super-xci's from usb hdd has been the main reason why. Now that it looks like there may not be any more updates for sxos, i am starting to gather information to move to Atmosphere. This is my current setup:

• Unpatched original switch

• Banned

• System Firmware - 5.1.0

• Emunand Firmware - 11.0.0

• All games in XCI file format, and (the majority) have updates & dlc slipstreamed into them with NSCB.

• 256GB MicroSD Card
I basically kept the emunand in case an untethered exploit was released to boot the switch, i dont really care for that now.

So - should i remove my emunand (backup up my saves first) and start with atmosphere fresh? If so does anyone have any tips for me? Or should i keep the emunand and move over to atmosphere?

Some info or pointers to an up-to-date guide would be helpful here please!

Also can i still use the usb hdd to keep the xci's on and then use tinfoil (is this still the best thing to use?) to install the games to my microsd card?

Cheers for any help!

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and why would you say there be no more sx updates, considering they were first to add 11.0 support (after nintendo took down 2 of its main guys).

11.1 isnt a major update and isnt required to run new titles, sx never release updates for basic fw updates that only add slight changes, itll get its next update when a major firmware is released.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
and why would you say there be no more sx updates, considering they were first to add 11.0 support (after nintendo took down 2 of its main guys).
Hmm wasn't Atmosphere the first?

Anyways... search. There are so any SXOS to Atmosphere threads of late. You can pretty much use any NSP/XCI installer. Tinleaf is probably the smoothest.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm wasn't Atmosphere the first?

Anyways... search. There are so any SXOS to Atmosphere threads of late. You can pretty much use any NSP/XCI installer. Tinleaf is probably the smoothest.
sxos 11.0 support came out im sure within a day or so and atmos was longer, tho atmos i think add support for 11.1 but its not a major update so doubt sxos will do an update when its not needed.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sxos 11.0 support came out im sure within a day or so and atmos was longer, tho atmos i think add support for 11.1 but its not a major update so doubt sxos will do an update when its not needed.

Atmosphere 11.0 support was released on the December 2nd, but it was in pre release state as it was waiting for an updated libnx/hbmenu/hbl, while SX OS 3.10 was released on the 5th.

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I've been using SXOS since it was released on my original Switch. The loading super-xci's from usb hdd has been the main reason why. Now that it looks like there may not be any more updates for sxos, i am starting to gather information to move to Atmosphere. This is my current setup:

• Unpatched original switch

• Banned

• System Firmware - 5.1.0

• Emunand Firmware - 11.0.0

• All games in XCI file format, and (the majority) have updates & dlc slipstreamed into them with NSCB.

• 256GB MicroSD Card
I basically kept the emunand in case an untethered exploit was released to boot the switch, i dont really care for that now.

So - should i remove my emunand (backup up my saves first) and start with atmosphere fresh? If so does anyone have any tips for me? Or should i keep the emunand and move over to atmosphere?

Some info or pointers to an up-to-date guide would be helpful here please!

Also can i still use the usb hdd to keep the xci's on and then use tinfoil (is this still the best thing to use?) to install the games to my microsd card?

Cheers for any help!

I was thinking about moving over too but decided against it for now. Like someone said above games are good to go with the latest SX OS so I would sit on my hands for now. Suppose no harm in looking into it just in case.

sh0wst0pper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just getting prepared as I am not sure that a new sxos will come out. All patches being released at the moment need 11.0.1 so it's only a matter of time. I would prefer to stay on sxos as it works for me.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing to lose by setting up a dualboot however. You can easily have the best of both worlds if you simply take 5 minutes of your day. While it is not certain whether or not there will be an update, what is certain is how it is to setup Atmosphere.

peke

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have the same set up (also banned), how do you load games from USB? I try but didn´t see the files on the pen drive ( internal sd and usb pen drive both with fat 32), don´t know what I do wrong.

also looking other cfw, but in my case is because there´s apps that don´t work on sx os. is there a way to have 2 cfw¿¿¿

peke

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Other thing I like to know (maybe someone can help? is.....

I´m using osx, and I want to copy lagre files to my sd (fat32), is there a way? I´m spliting files but maybe is a fastest option.!

thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other thing I like to know (maybe someone can help? is.....

I´m using osx, and I want to copy lagre files to my sd (fat32), is there a way? I´m spliting files but maybe is a fastest option.!

thanks
If you're talking about NSP files, you should never install those directly off an SD card. Instead, you should be installing NSP files over USB, FTP, or an internet connection.

peke

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you're talking about NSP files, you should never install those directly off an SD card. Instead, you should be installing NSP files over USB, FTP, or an internet connection.
I copy NSP splited files (and .xci) to my sd, install (NSP) and delete, why not? FTP is too slow, Don´t know how to connect with usb with osx
=(

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP keep your emulated NAND. Use it for both CFW. Use SXOS and your HDD. ALL CURRENT GAMES WORK. Load Atmo and use the same EmuNAND if you want (make a config file and it will work.). Keep your fuses and brick protection.

I have never talked to someone who regretted keeping their emulated nand. I have seen many complain that they regretted updating.

I copy NSP splited files (and .xci) to my sd, install (NSP) and delete, why not? FTP is too slow, Don´t know how to connect with usb with osx
=(

https://gbatemp.net/threads/mtp-server-nx-open-source-usb-file-transfer-for-switch.547273/

This is probably what you're looking for. It works well. There's another slightly faster one but it has other issues. Hekate might have a built-in version..

Last edited by mikefor20,

peke

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
OP keep your emulated NAND. Use it for both CFW. Use SXOS and your HDD. ALL CURRENT GAMES WORK. Load Atmo and use the same EmuNAND if you want (make a config file and it will work.). Keep your fuses and brick protection.

I have never talked to someone who regretted keeping their emulated nand. I have seen many complain that they regretted updating.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/mtp-server-nx-open-source-usb-file-transfer-for-switch.547273/

This is probably what you're looking for. It works well. There's another slightly faster one but it has other issues. Hekate might have a built-in version..
thanks! I will try

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thanks! I will try
What I´m really looking is a way to connect the switch to my mac (osx) and copy large files to the switch sd card (fat32).

peke

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The FAT32 filesystem doesn't support files larger than 4GB. Either power down and copy files directly to the SD Card, or transfer over FTP.
I´m on fat32 for retroarch, but is was easy to just copy .xci and nsp when I was on exfat,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I´m on fat32 for retroarch, but is was easy to just copy .xci and nsp when I was on exfat,

MTP should work fine on Mac. You will probably still have to split the files. Also very easy. Or since you are on SX OS you can just put the xci files on a hard drive and run them that way.

To be clear. While in MTP mode you can use a USB cable to transfer files to and from the switch. It works out of the box in Windows 10 I don't know about Mac necessarily but I Googled it and it works apparently. You may need to run something first I don't know. Tinfoil also has MTP functionality. There is also another MTP Homebrew app. I am not at my computer at the moment and I can't recall the name. It's more responsive and a bit faster. However it is closed source. If that matters to you. I will post the name when I have a chance.

Edit: i remembered!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nxmtp-access-your-sd-card-over-usb-without-rebooting.528783/

Fast and responsive. Love this app
Remember to give it full Ram access by holding R and lunching and installed app.

Last edited by mikefor20,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
=(
It's inefficient, and it requires that you have double the space of any NSP files you're installing free on your SD card. And, of course, you have to worry about splitting larger NSP files if you're putting them directly onto the SD card. Don't do it. You should install over USB, FTP, or internet instead. USB or Tinfoil shops are recommended.

peke

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
MTP should work fine on Mac. You will probably still have to split the files. Also very easy. Or since you are on SX OS you can just put the xci files on a hard drive and run them that way.

To be clear. While in MTP mode you can use a USB cable to transfer files to and from the switch. It works out of the box in Windows 10 I don't know about Mac necessarily but I Googled it and it works apparently. You may need to run something first I don't know. Tinfoil also has MTP functionality. There is also another MTP Homebrew app. I am not at my computer at the moment and I can't recall the name. It's more responsive and a bit faster. However it is closed source. If that matters to you. I will post the name when I have a chance
I try to run files today (from a pen drive fat32 formatted) but couldn't, don´t know why.

I should see files from album (booting in sx os) / installer?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's inefficient, and it requires that you have double the space of any NSP files you're installing free on your SD card. And, of course, you have to worry about splitting larger NSP files if you're putting them directly onto the SD card. Don't do it. You should install over USB, FTP, or internet instead. USB or Tinfoil shops are recommended.
Thanks, FTP is too slow...eternal!, USB from a mac....didn´t find the solution, internet??? how

thanks for the reply!

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lassie let the SX OS users use SX OS how its intended to be used. Thank you

I try to run files today (from a pen drive fat32 formatted) but couldn't, don´t know why.

I should see files from album (booting in sx os) / installer?

You can have it formatted to exfat for your external drive. Flash drive HDD doesn't matter. Put the xci on the drive. Plug it in and go to the album it should pop up. If you want to organize it there is a specific file structure. I'll find you a link to an article

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY