Hardware Another look at the Circle Pad Pro

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the only time I might use it is if a call of duty ads comes out. FPS would be much easier this way.
But I think alot of people prefer their FPS on a home console or PC than a portable console cause it might be a bit hard to play on the train or something.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well they say portable fps will be at its finest with the vita released. I'd like to see how that goes...
I rather not. I'm aware that CoD is announced for the Vita and it will definitely be a seller for the console in the west but it doesn't make it a great game nor something worth looking at unless your into it. Another BRS game for the Vita would be nice.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I was already iffy on the CPP, and the placement of the pad in relation to the action buttons is what really turns me off. It's so freakishly unnatural to the layout that essentially every other dual-analog controller uses (right analog underneath the action buttons). It would feel so unnatural to me. >.<

Like some others, I'm just desperate that a revision will include a second analog... Until then, No Resident Evil or Metal Gear Solid for me. :(

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Might be comfortable but its an ugly piece of shit.

So did the PS2 fat and Xbox 360.
But you didn't have to carry your PS2 or Xbox 360 with you can claim it was a portable console and the PS2 and Xbox controllers didn't make looking at the screen difficult or off centre.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Might be comfortable but its an ugly piece of shit.

So did the PS2 fat and Xbox 360.
But you didn't have to carry your PS2 or Xbox 360 with you can claim it was a portable console and the PS2 and Xbox controllers didn't make looking at the screen difficult or off centre.

The CPP isn't designed to be carried around either. Nintendo even said that themselves. This is mainly for the big games that consume a lot of hours and meant to be played at home, like Monster Hunter.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Of course it doesn't mean that. That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying that if the CPP is meant for "playing at home" and not meant for portability, there's no point in buying the portable version of a game, as far as I'm concerned. Neither Zelda 3D or Star Fox 3D use the CPP, so the problem doesn't apply there. But for someone who wants true dual analog controls for Resident Evil and isn't comfortable with the single stick options (like me), I can't justify buying an accessory that lessens the portability. Granted, it actually wouldn't be that big of a deal for me since I'm a college student and can just keep the CPP in my backpack, but I still find it a nuisance. I'm just saying my opinion, not that it's the "right" way.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Soldier, How does this have to do with the Vita at all? The thread is about the CPP and what members of the temp think about it, not whether the 3DS or Vita is more portable. I agree with you, the Vita is a bit too big to be carried around in a pocket for my taste (though quite a few Vita owners say it fits in their pockets just fine). But like you said, that's an opinion. The same as your view on the CPP is just that: An opinion. No need to make it sound like we're personally attacking your, or the CPP. The OP asked for our opinions, and I gave mine.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Soldier, How does this have to do with the Vita at all? The thread is about the CPP and what members of the temp think about it, not whether the 3DS or Vita is more portable. I agree with you, the Vita is a bit too big to be carried around in a pocket for my taste (though quite a few Vita owners say it fits in their pockets just fine). But like you said, that's an opinion. The same as your view on the CPP is just that: An opinion. No need to make it sound like we're personally attacking your, or the CPP. The OP asked for our opinions, and I gave mine.

It doesn't, I just figured, if he's going to complain about the size with the CPP (not CCP like he's been calling it), then take a look at the Vita. Both are large and both, really aren't that portable. I'm not starting shit, I'm just saying look at the other things for comparison. Wasn't supposed to be taken as an argument what I said about the Vita, I just used it as a comparison's sake, that's all, nothing more. Anyways, I'm done. Tonight's not my night to be on the temp, seems I can't word myself properly or people are just totally blowing it out of proportion. Have fun.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Well, no worries. Btw, you could have summed up your last post with this image. :P

Abandon Thread.gif

BlazeV

Trophies
XP
Country
The vita compared to the circle pad is much smaller so of course people are gonna complain. geez its an ugly big and inconvenient piece of shit and even the vita looks small compared to it so i don't understand why someone who compare the vita to the circle pad when its clear that the vita is smaller, more portable and doesn't look like some idiot ruined your 3ds with that piece of shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May the 4th be with you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: May the 4th be with you