Homebrew Another few noob questions (sorry); This time about running Gamecube games on Wii U

JustWantsToPlayGames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I'm doing a bit of research on my own but everything is here and there and I was wondering if y'all could possibly help me piece it all together.

• vWii's Gamecube capabilities are turned off, and need Nintendon't to turn it back on?
  • Wii U does not have ANY Gamecube capabilities other than a hacked vWii. This means that Gamecube games are not playable on the gamepad?
  • In order to install Nintendon't on my vWii without a specific game, I need to use wuphax?
  • With Haxchi and the Wii U HBC installed, I can download hackmii, with allows me to use wuphax, which installs Nintendon't, which installs the vWii HBC?
Sorry for my noob questions lately. I'm very new to running hacks on my WiiU and don't want to mess it up. I actually have a couple more questions not related to Gamecube as well:

• I already have Haxchi and the Wii U HBC installed. If I copy the contents of my current SD card to a different SD card and use the new one instead, will that mess anything up?
  • Theoretically, do I even need an SD card installed to run Haxchi after Haxchi is installed? Obviously I would need it for my ROMs and such but I was wondering if Haxchi is installed on my system or simply on my SD card (I didn't run any coldboot mods, etc.). Same question I guess for HBC and the emulators installed.
Thank you and sorry again for my noobishness. We all start somewhere right?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1- there are no gc capabilities on vwii at all, nintendont runs in wii mode since the wii has the same cpu and gpu has the gc did just faster nintendont just makes a bridge betwwen the hardware and gc games but there is no MIOS aka gc mode on vwii, but nintendont doesnt use it al all anyway, so no, there is nothing turned on or off since nothing exists.

2-you can use the gampad just as a tv screen like any normal vwii game but you cant use the buttons on nintendont sadly.

3-yes https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuphax-v1-1-hacking-vwii-from-wiiu-mode.446786/

4- with wuphax you just install the homebrew channel on vwii, after that you can use the vwii homebrew channel to do anything you want really on vwii.

5- wii and wiiu can share sd card easily since wii stuff goes right in the root like sd/games, SD/apps while wiiu stuff goes into SD/wiiu/games , SD/wiiu/games and such.

6 after getting haxchi or cbhc installed you dont need an sd card unless your launching something extra like mocha or such if your just using haxchi/cbhc built in cfw then you dont need the sd card.

AzerothArg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is prefrerable to ask, that to end with a brick...

Just expanding on what pedro said, think of nintendont as an emulator (which it isnt, bit it easier to understand). The games can be on sd or on a fat32 usb device. on wii u, that might be inconvenient, since the system will ask to format the drive whenever you turn it on. So is better to put the games on the sd card.

To run nintendont on vwii, you only need to install homebrew channel, no custom IOS are necesary, but you can install them to be able to load backup wii games.

You can use Wiiflow, USB Loader GX or a modified version of CFG Loader to get a nicer GUI, with cover display. For me, USB Loader GX is the easier to setup of them.

Both vWii and Wii U use the SD card to store and run homembrew apps, like nintendont, retroarch and other emulators.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F