Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.0 “OMEGA” PRIVATE BETA

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you create the emuNAND with Omega? I'm asking because there have been reports of emuNANDs made with this launcher behaving wrong. And what's that comment about the eShop? I'm going to guess it's just an opinion on its content..

Yeah eshop is opening and working fine BUT there are limited selections of games/apps. All I can see are Mario games patches/updates and pokemon patches. I can't say... buy anything because there isn't anything for me to buy

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 2.0b1, got the omega beta, i took out the microsd from the red gateway card, put in the omega loader, it upgraded my red card flawlessly first time. Put a bunch of games onto a 64 gig microsd, and everything works flawlessly. I trimmed everything other then AC/Pokemon. Tried out games others said didnt work like tekken and they all work perfectly. I got my card from redhotdeals.

masich

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
I've tried the update multiple times... I even redid the process with the Blue Card. This is very discouraging. :/ Here is some images that may help. I seem to be the only one getting this error. People with clones aren't even able to update in the first place I don't think. I'll wait for the public final and see if anything changes, but this sucks.
I found this problem too.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This damn thread grows 20 pages every day. Ridiculous. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

Seriously though, this is great news. Certain doomsayers were starting to make me question Gateway, but once the release has been out for a while I'll finally be able to work on all those small, probably crappy games that would force me to re-image every time I find out they suck.

Reactions: cearp and tHciNc

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
re-asking until I get the answers that I crave...

two questions I don't see answered yet.

1. if you use classic mode with a retail cart that requires 6.0+firmware like Zelda between worlds do the saves work yet?

2. I recall it being mentioned there was going to be some sort of anti update feature added so that it would be safe to leave wifi on without new firmware downloading or trying to install. did this feature make it in?

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I tried it out and I'm impressed but I mainly just play Monster Hunter 3 (Wii U and 3DS), so I probably won't use this much in the near future. I hope that we'll get the ability to transfer saves from cartridges to rom saves and vice versa feature in the future so that I could actually maximize this.

cypher007

Trophies
XP
Country
is there any way of repairing my roms using the update fw from single rom? eg copy it into my trimmed roms so they work.

JinbuKami

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you even email them?

lol their pictures were taken from here.

Haha indeed. The owner of the pictures should had placed brick code in it :P joke. And i sent them an email to [email protected] about the same problem as adam .(no answers yet unless it's a different mail i actually had to send it)

D

Deleted User

I looked, and I noticed that there are 2 different options for super trimming, depending on the firmware required for the rom (or the version of the save crypto). Why is that? I'm wondering because I've seen people having issues with super trimming, but I've super trimmed a lot of games (Including Yoshi's New Island, but haven't tried any CARD2 games yet) and I'm not having any issues yet. I'm thinking maybe people used rom_tool and used the wrong command for their roms?
In the past the super trim had different parameters. Thats why there are 2 buttons. One for rom_tool with a version below 3 and one for the rom_tool version above or equal 3.0 :) hope that helps

the issues you are telling about is not because rom_tool fails. It is because of the way gateway loads the roms itself. Super trimmes roms (especially if its a nand based game) can be troublesome and not boot up. So i would be careful with supertrimming anyway.. you can't undo it :\

DeathKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the beta download there is a quick guide which shows 128gb sd card with exFAT and 32gb card with Fat32 . Can we format a 32gb card with exFat to get 4gb games on it?Or is there a minimum size limit on exFat format?

Also can we use exfat + emunand on the same card?
A small updated bug list on the first post would be great so people can see the problems and maybe links to the solutions if there are any.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU