Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.0 “OMEGA” PRIVATE BETA

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.....most of the html links were dried up, but I just found it on a torrent and the CMC32 checks out so it appears real.

One question to those that reformatted you microSD for exFat.....what cluster size did you set? 32KB would be the default for FAT but when I set default for exFat it seems to use 192KB size.....can someone check and let me know what cluster size your card is using?

Really looking forward to this and to lambstone who was trying to spread and link rumors of Gateway abandoning us.....uh you blew it dude!!!

Thankfully Gateway still going strong!!

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
A sticky of some kind needs to be made to gather what does and does not work correctly, as this is generating a lot of user activity and is already up to 37 pages.

112345veronica

Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone got a video apart from 1 on first page i get no game card inserted but no option to see games but go back through settings get an error has occured menu but still on 4.5.thanks

yabbitboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bit the bullet and downloaded the Gateway 2.0 OMEGA firmware file after some hesitation. I am using a 16gb Sandisk Ultra Micro SDHC card and loaded 3 games on it - Pokemon X / Mario and Luigi Dream Team / Pac-Man Adventures.

Updated the Gateway FPGA Update with no problems. Took the risk and done the Diagnostic test and pass all of them [ all Green ].

Then Launch into gateway mode. Press "Select" and from there see the 3 game icon on my Micro SD card [ Pokemon X / Mario and Luigi Dream Team / Pac-Man Adventures ]. IE: similar to this:
menu-300x98.png

I then selected a game, silver "loading" bar then loads and finish but the huge game icon [ ie; the empty box on the 3ds menu screen when there are no ds or 3ds cart being inserted ] doesnt show up..... I had to make several more attempts by hitting "Select" and selecting a game until the game show up on the huge game icon. From there I could load the game.

Anyways when I was on firmware 1.2 / 2.0b1 and 2.0b2. I had to eject the red Gateway card before I go into System Settings to launch the 3ds exploit, it was only after I complete the 3ds exploit steps which then bring back to the 3ds menu screen that then I could reinsert the red Gateway card with the games showing up.

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey Guys I'm having a bit of a problem:

- I updated my GW card to 2.0 omega by copying the new launcher.dat to the sdcard and it updated fine
- I formatted my sdcard to exfat and put a few ROMS on there

Now When boot up my 3DS it said card is not a recognized format, but if I put in a fat32 card with ROMS on it as well via the drag and drop method it sees the launcher. I would go through the boot method and via the profile and it would reboot and it would just go back into the regular mode since my games do not show up? I get a blank card in the 3ds main menu between health and camera?

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey Guys I'm having a bit of a problem:

- I updated my GW card to 2.0 omega by copying the new launcher.dat to the sdcard and it updated fine
- I formatted my sdcard to exfat and put a few ROMS on there

Now When boot up my 3DS it said card is not a recognized format, but if I put in a fat32 card with ROMS on it as well via the drag and drop method it sees the launcher. I would go through the boot method and via the profile and it would reboot and it would just go back into the regular mode since my games do not show up? I get a blank card in the 3ds main menu between health and camera?

Hit Select.

Reactions: gamesquest1

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really dont wanna have to open a new thread for this, so hopefully someone can help me out.
I been trying to format my Microsd card to Exfat, it is currently flashed with a game on it through GW program.

Im on a mac and i can not format my SD card to Exfat through disk utility it keeps saying "unable to read disk"
Any help?
Thanks.

Trong Hoang

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys, Anyone here experianced white icons when entering the multi-rom list..doesnt seem like a common issue iv got 8 games on there so far however the three games im struggling with are star fox 64, Super mario world 3d and Naruto powerful shippudon(?) and they are just displaying white icon which doesnt load.

Using sandisk 32gig - exFat.

Could it be dodgy downloads? or SD card?

any help would be great. Thanks

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I setup my 3ds with a second Sd card? I inserted it and it setup the files on it then I added the Launcher.dat but the exploit won't load but when I switch Sd cards again it works

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys, Anyone here experianced white icons when entering the multi-rom list..doesnt seem like a common issue iv got 8 games on there so far however the three games im struggling with are star fox 64, Super mario world 3d and Naruto powerful shippudon(?) and they are just displaying white icon which doesnt load.

Using sandisk 32gig - exFat.

Could it be dodgy downloads? or SD card?

any help would be great. Thanks

Some could be dodgy downloads m8 you should only use roms that come in a rar format to unzip to desktop then drag and drop to your MSD drive. I have tried many and one being SM3DL also Starfox 64 and they all work so far so good!. But I have only tried 8GB and 32GB San-disc I don't have a 64 - 128GB to test :(

mcsdoode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway, you da' best.

Now I can keep all my .3ds files on an external and swap games without a PC using my tablet's microSD port and an android OTG cable. :nds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1