Gaming Animal Crossing... What's the big deal?

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Animal Crossing was on sale so I decided to get a copy since lots of people love it.

So far it seems like an interesting game but doesn't seem that enticing me.

Sure, I love stealing all the flowers in the town but is there anything more fun to do?

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Animal Crossing, you either love it or you don't.
If talking to villagers, fishing, shopping, and finding ways to pay off the loan isn't your forte, then there isn't much for you in the enjoyment department.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
This is the kind of game where you create your own fun, your own goals. There really is no hard-set objectives like most games. You want to catch ALL the fish? It may take you a year, but you can do that. Catch all the bugs? You can do that, too. Make all your furniture in your house bear the image of Reggie Fils-Aime...

UOOBzPJ.jpg

You can do that, too. There really is an infinite number of things you can accomplish in this game, but if you don't like a game where you pretty much create your own experience, you're not going to like this game.

Give it a shot. Give it like a month, and if you still don't like it/get it, it really may not be for you.

scubamage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased the original animal crossing years ago, and honestly, I played it for around 5 minutes and put it on the "meh" pile and kind of felt ripped off. My girlfriend at the time? She'd play for hours and hours and hours (until it would yell at her to stop playing). I totally agree, you either love it, or you don't.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased the original animal crossing years ago, and honestly, I played it for around 5 minutes and put it on the "meh" pile and kind of felt ripped off. My girlfriend at the time? She'd play for hours and hours and hours (until it would yell at her to stop playing). I totally agree, you either love it, or you don't.

I had the same reaction as your girlfriend.

The original was amazing. But I'm burnt out now, and the newer entries in the series don't seem to have the laser-focus on simple, relaxing fun the original had. The jokes were better then, as well.

"How do you catch a unique rabbit?
Unique up on it!
How do you catch a tame rabbit?
Tame way, 'tupid!"

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I softmodded my Wii years ago and my 8 year old daughter still plays Animal Crossing daily. For Xmas she asked for a ds just to be able to play more animal crossing without worrying about who's on the TV.
But you gotta give her credit, she showed me youtube vids of hacks , speed hacks, walk through walls, flying, etc and asked for that.
I set her up with the hex codes and she has even more fun now doing less than legit stuff.
But yea, I don't see it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E