ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

bilvyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you fix the problem? afaik you're not meant to get a garden.dat if you get a garden_plus.dat
yeah turns out that was an error on my part. there's no garden.dat, it was in the folder from before the update. even after removing all the files and starting fresh without garden.dat i'm still having the problem

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
yeah turns out that was an error on my part. there's no garden.dat, it was in the folder from before the update. even after removing all the files and starting fresh without garden.dat i'm still having the problem
Are you sure you are replacing the garden_plus from before your edits? and what browser are you using? When does it say the save editor was last updated?

bilvyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure you are replacing the garden_plus from before your edits? and what browser are you using? When does it say the save editor was last updated?
I'm definitely replacing the old garden_plus file. i'm using google chrome and everything from import to export looks like it's working fine. i'm not getting any errors on the ds or the on the Town Editor. Where can i check to see when the save editor was last updated?

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm definitely replacing the old garden_plus file. i'm using google chrome and everything from import to export looks like it's working fine. i'm not getting any errors on the ds or the on the Town Editor. Where can i check to see when the save editor was last updated?
Just above this section of the website, before you load a save: About | How to | Download | FAQ

bilvyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What save manager are you using? And are you sure you are importing rather than exporting?
Ah boy, i'm not actually sure what save manager i'm using, i set it up a few months ago so i can't remember, and it's just called "save manager" in my homebrew menu. it's worked for me in the past though, when i was hacking before the amiibo update.

i'm definitely doing "backup" (a button) first, to save my data to the SD card, then "import" (b button) when i want to load it back into my game.

while trying to find my save manager online, i saw that the town editor FAQ links to a specific acnl save manager. so i might try installing and using that one now and seeing if that makes any difference ✌

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ah boy, i'm not actually sure what save manager i'm using, i set it up a few months ago so i can't remember, and it's just called "save manager" in my homebrew menu. it's worked for me in the past though, when i was hacking before the amiibo update.

i'm definitely doing "backup" (a button) first, to save my data to the SD card, then "import" (b button) when i want to load it back into my game.

while trying to find my save manager online, i saw that the town editor FAQ links to a specific acnl save manager. so i might try installing and using that one now and seeing if that makes any difference ✌
You seem to be doing everything right, I honestly don't know why it doesn't work for you... Have you tried updating your boot.3dsx? Replace the boot.3dsx on the root of your sd card with this one

bilvyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You seem to be doing everything right, I honestly don't know why it doesn't work for you... Have you tried updating your boot.3dsx? Replace the boot.3dsx on the root of your sd card with this one
I was really hoping that would do it but using this boot.3dsx hasn't made a difference ): I also couldn't get the ACNL save manager to work - whenever i clicked on it it just said it was missing the required game or something, like it couldn't find ACNL in the system... I really want to try and see if the save manager is the problem though, so do you have any idea on why this one isn't working? Or, do you know of any other save managers i could use to troubleshoot?

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I was really hoping that would do it but using this boot.3dsx hasn't made a difference ): I also couldn't get the ACNL save manager to work - whenever i clicked on it it just said it was missing the required game or something, like it couldn't find ACNL in the system... I really want to try and see if the save manager is the problem though, so do you have any idea on why this one isn't working? Or, do you know of any other save managers i could use to troubleshoot?
You could try JKSM. Download is attached at the bottom. There is also a more recent version here but I don't know if thats stable or not. Also, to prevent spamming the thread anymore, we should talk in PMs :)

Reactions: Ningyoplug

shokolad-town

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just incorporated what another user posted, didn't know about their original source. I don't mind adding you to the credits in the sourcecode if you really want it, but I guess we should credit Nintendo too lol, since the assets were extracted from HHD if I'm not wrong.

No worries. Not looking for credit for the icons since we did screenshot them from HHD, so they're not ours, but Nintendo's. I was under the impression that another user was taking credit for the work my friend and I put into our guide, but that wasn't the case.

Last edited by shokolad-town,
Reactions: marc_max

Valentin9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean? If the editor sets to 9999 then the cheat is working correctly, since the editor says 'Do you want to set 9999 Meow coupons to this player?'

That's normal. Just update the game to get the Welcome amiibo update and it will turn automatically garden.dat into garden_plus.dat.

And that's why they are disabled.
Those villagers are only injectable into RVs, that's why they are in the list.

That's impossible.

Can you confirm you used the latest editor version? (27th Dec)
Which player did you try to edit?

Well, I just incorporated what another user posted, didn't know about their original source. I don't mind adding you to the credits in the sourcecode if you really want it, but I guess we should credit Nintendo too lol, since the assets were extracted from HHD if I'm not wrong.

@marc_max Powersaves sets MEOW Coupons to 99, 999 and the editor sets to 9,999. !

Valentin9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@marc_max edit the lines of data/acnl_editor.js:

edit the line 1960 to: MarcDialogs.confirm('Do you want to set 99, 999 Meow coupons to this player?', function(){
edit the line 1961 to: currentPlayer.meowCoupons.set(99999);

Cyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I asked this question before, but to be honest I couldn't understand the response that was given much. But I was asking how to implement perfect trees. Its not in the drop down bar like the other trees (unless they are and I'm not seeing them). Can someone clearify this to me please.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I asked this question before, but to be honest I couldn't understand the response that was given much. But I was asking how to implement perfect trees. Its not in the drop down bar like the other trees (unless they are and I'm not seeing them). Can someone clearify this to me please.
The FAQ has the answer you are looking for

Reactions: Cyd

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save editor
(includes welcome amiibo support!)

Please read instructions carefully.

Use this tool at your own risk.
By using it, you are responsible of any data lost.
Please, keep a backup of your savegame.

If you want to give some feedback, always try to give the most possible information: homebrew method, firmware version, game region, what did you edit...

----------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT RAM METHOD

Support for RAM method has been dropped for Welcome amiibo update.
And it will never be back, sorry.

Why?

The amiibo update requires the console firmware to be on 11.x, which automatically kills the browser exploit that allows the AC:NL RAM hacking method.

Basically, Nintendo killed the RAM hacking method unintentionally.
i think you could possibly provide this link for help https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCros..._cannot_use_save_data_because_it_was_not_the/ as it seemed to be a common problem (a key note is to backup the game (after saving) and edit it restoring it before entering the game (simply entering the game changes the timer as it uses this to tell if you didnt save before exiting)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay