Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by marc_max, Mar 3, 2015.

1. ayeitsben

ayeitsben Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2017
    United States
    Question: Do youneed homebrew to use this?

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Yes.

3. marc_max
    OP

marc_max GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2008
    Wrong. You can do it ;-)
    Set the custom shirt in the villager editor. The pattern slot is selected by a bitmask in flags IIRC.

4. Sinful Shadow

Sinful Shadow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2016
    United States
    is there anyway to turn a jpeg into a custom pattern kinda like how we can have a custom tpc image cause that would be pretty cool

5. xXMayorRobbXx

xXMayorRobbXx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Slightly off topic but is there a hack that allows you to insert your own files/pictures from your pc to your acnl game and use them as designs for town flags etc...?

Last edited by xXMayorRobbXx, Aug 23, 2017
  6. yuukulele

yuukulele Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Philippines
    Kanji Radical Hell
    Any plans to update the offline/downloadable editor on github? v1.2 release doesn't work for me sadly.

7. Boytoxic38

Boytoxic38 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2017
    Canada
    There is now a new method to get access to Homebrew that works with 11.5.0.38E, the new method is called : RPGhax, it is free and relatively easier than the Soundhax method, go check on Youtube, there are some good step by step tutorials ;)

8. pattyjo33

pattyjo33 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2016
    France
    RPGhax works fine. Thanks !!!!!
    Merci !

9. FairyLu

FairyLu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    Australia
    Wonderland
    Hey guys i wondering if is possible to get more then 30 pwp in the town? ^_^

10. xXMayorRobbXx

xXMayorRobbXx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I don't believe so, I've tried getting over the initial 30 before using plug-ins but they just disappear the following day, don't know if this has changed though.

Last edited by xXMayorRobbXx, Aug 23, 2017
  11. The Sender

The Sender Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2007
    United States
    I've used the editor to change their shirts before but it only works with normal shirts. Custom patterns are not placed.

Example:

If my villager is wearing a normal shirt (eg, big star tee), I can right click the shirt slot to set it in the drop down menu, and then left-click to place it in another villager's shirt slot. But if they have a custom pattern, right clicking correctly selects it in the drop down menu (along with flags), but left clicking another villager's shirt slot to place it does nothing. An error on my part? Bug?

Btw Do you know which flags correspond to which pattern in able sisters? Two of my villagers have different able shirts. One is Flag 1: 40 and the other is Flag 1: 50. Flag 2 for both is set to 01.

Last edited by The Sender, Aug 26, 2017
    marc_max likes this.
  12. Slattz

Slattz Easygoing Fairy

Nov 21, 2015
    Ireland
    @marc_max @The Sender
    I looked through the code and it's an oversight in the save editor it seems. The save editor sets a range of item IDs for clothing , presumably to stop people putting non clothing (like trees, tools, etc) as their villagers clothing.
    The pattern item id isn't actually in the range so as far as the save editor is concerned, the pattern is not something you can put on the villager. It's a oversight and shouldn't be hard to fix.

Last edited by Slattz, Aug 26, 2017
    marc_max and The Sender like this.
  13. marc_max
    OP

Jun 19, 2008
    Thanks for finding that, it will be fixed in a few minutes.
    The editor shows flags as a single byte in hexadecimal. And as I said, flags use various bits to change the item (furniture customization amongst other things).
    So 0x40 and 0x50 in binary are these:
    Code:
    0x40=01000000b
    0x50=01010000b
          ^^^
    Since you need 3 bits for all eight different costumes in Able shirts, the bits I marked are probably the ones that determine the pattern from Able sisters.
    Pattern 0=000
    Pattern 1=001
    Pattern 2=010
    Pattern 3=011
    Pattern 4=100
    Pattern 5=101
    Pattern 6=110
    Pattern 7=111

BTW, I haven't tested but it should be probably feasible to give villagers your character's custom patterns t-shirts too.

The Sender likes this.
  14. marc_max
    OP

Jun 19, 2008
    The editor has been updated. Features:
    * add building option added
    * fill catalog (experimental) option added
    Thanks to @Slattz :-D

15. telewhisp

telewhisp Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    United States
    Sorry, it's my first time posting.

Accessing HBL through oothax on an o3ds US 11.0.5-38. I never had any of the following on my older 9.2 system, so that could be part of the issue too.

I'm having trouble with villager move data. After one save inject, my old villager7 disappeared - didn't show on the map, house was gone (in game), yet villagers continued to gossip/ask chores related to old!7. I force boxed them and they 'moved out', complete with letter, and their house in the editor was gone too. I had a new villager move in today, and when I opened up the editor to move their house, I now I have 2 Villager 7 houses. The house only appeared in one spot, but in the editor it says its in two. I haven't touched the villager data in a few months, except to force move the old villager 7 house.

Also Redd has been in my town for a week. Can't exactly stick him into boxes and force him to move out.

I'll go back and restore but I wanted to bring it to y'all's attention, and to see if someone else has had this issue.

Attached Files:

16. TidusWulf

TidusWulf Real Aloha

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Hawaii
    The Flag is just a pattern, so You'll have to find a pattern generator and feed it the picture you want.

17. YTElias

YTElias Active

Aug 23, 2017
    Germany
    Germany
    yes

18. YTElias

YTElias Active

Aug 23, 2017
    Germany
    Germany
    Can you add a option to add building to the island(want more than a Lloid and the island hut)

19. madisonabeard

madisonabeard Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2017
    United States
    I'm about 80% sure this is a bug. I tried out the catalog option, and it did work. However, it also filled my encyclopedia which is something I 100% did not want. I don't know if you meant it to do both, but it's a little frustrating for me.

20. YTElias

YTElias Active

Aug 23, 2017
    Germany
    Germany
    just launch the backup