ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i've removed Franklin's table and i'll update on whether or not i can place projects tomorrow (as i have isabelle tearing one down today and i cant build one)

edit: able to successfully place Lloid for a project and KEEP him (after saving & continuing, entering & exiting a building, and saving & quitting he was still there and visible and shows up on map)

reached project donation goal, will update when project has been built, if it's there or not.

edit 2: yes it is there, celebration went flawlessly

Last edited by regigiygas,
Reactions: Joshua Vance

Joshua Vance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i've removed Franklin's table and i'll update on whether or not i can place projects tomorrow (as i have isabelle tearing one down today and i cant build one)

edit: able to successfully place Lloid for a project and KEEP him (after saving & continuing, entering & exiting a building, and saving & quitting he was still there and visible and shows up on map)

reached project donation goal, will update when project has been built, if it's there or not.

edit 2: yes it is there, celebration went flawlessly
Great! Glad you made out ok :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok so I've noticed if you put to many fake projects your game won't load(meaning currupts data) and this inculdes things like standees...dream bed...etc. But I wasn't really sure of the exact number of how many projects it takes to break your save. Anyone have advice when changing pwps in the save editor with this info so your game won't crash?

simplicity~

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I move too many buildings or something? I'm a bit new to the whole hacking thing so please excuse me if I asked something really stupid and obvious.
My game is crashing whenever I enter the Re-Tail store or Main Street. I moved houses and some PWPs, but I didn't mess with the acres, town hall, Re-Tail, or the Plaza. I did move some rocks...but I didn't delete any of them. Does anyone what's the problem?

Last edited by simplicity~,

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I move too many buildings or something? I'm a bit new to the whole hacking thing so please excuse me if I asked something really stupid and obvious.
My game is crashing whenever I enter the Re-Tail store or Main Street. I moved houses and some PWPs, but I didn't mess with the acres, town hall, Re-Tail, or the Plaza. I did move some rocks...but I didn't delete any of them. Does anyone what's the problem?
what EXACTLY was your process?

Chunbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can anyone tell me what happens if you put two police stations in town? Will the same lost items show up in both?

Also, this might not be the thread for it but looks like NLSE has broken island box editing. The top two rows of items are missing. The web editor works fine though. (Was using it for hair and eye color editing)

(Off topic, but has anyone looked in Happy Home Designer saves? Would like a way to unlock that 7-eleven villager and his items along with any region-specific/competition/WiFi only stuff in case we miss those)

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me what happens if you put two police stations in town? Will the same lost items show up in both?

Also, this might not be the thread for it but looks like NLSE has broken island box editing. The top two rows of items are missing. The web editor works fine though. (Was using it for hair and eye color editing)

(Off topic, but has anyone looked in Happy Home Designer saves? Would like a way to unlock that 7-eleven villager and his items along with any region-specific/competition/WiFi only stuff in case we miss those)
both police stations will have shared lost & founds, unfortunately :(

& because we know Filly (that's the 7-11 villager's English name) is available in game, i can only assume that Nintendo plan to release her in some way to other regions
because, unlike 7-11 items in ACNL, she cant be traded between players.

Chunbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
both police stations will have shared lost & founds, unfortunately :(

& because we know Filly (that's the 7-11 villager's English name) is available in game, i can only assume that Nintendo plan to release her in some way to other regions
because, unlike 7-11 items in ACNL, she cant be traded between players.

Ah ok, but does Booker & Copper shows up depending on which police station you enter?

As for the 7-11 stuff, hopefully Nintendo will release them with the villager down the line but chances looks a bit slim since some of the items like the 7-Spot (Japan-only wifi service) Light and the 24-hour-shop Banner with Japanese text are potentially problematic if they're going to partner with 7-11's in other countries. So far, people has been using amiibo cards to share these items overseas since you unlock any furniture in the house that you can save into it. As for Filly, the only way I can think of getting her legit is for Nintendo to release a (probably Japan-only) amiibo card of her or change her house theme when releasing her here. Does Filly in the English game files have her request translated or changed? I'm guessing all villager have a set request even for wifi-only (so far) villagers like Louie.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok, but does Booker & Copper shows up depending on which police station you enter?

As for the 7-11 stuff, hopefully Nintendo will release them with the villager down the line but chances looks a bit slim since some of the items like the 7-Spot (Japan-only wifi service) Light and the 24-hour-shop Banner with Japanese text are potentially problematic if they're going to partner with 7-11's in other countries. So far, people has been using amiibo cards to share these items overseas since you unlock any furniture in the house that you can save into it. As for Filly, the only way I can think of getting her legit is for Nintendo to release a (probably Japan-only) amiibo card of her or change her house theme when releasing her here. Does Filly in the English game files have her request translated or changed? I'm guessing all villager have a set request even for wifi-only (so far) villagers like Louie.
yep. modern = Booker
classic = copper

and I'm guessing Nintendo's not going to release the 7-11 items for acnl in other regions bc all is said and done and they can be traded between users (much like region-exclusive event items)

I'm not sure about Filly's request, as I've not delved into the files, rather, I went to a code that had her (you get little house codes kinda like dream addresses and you can visit the specific room the person made).

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
might be OT but has a method been invented where we can inject a AC:NL digital save data to a psychical copy?

Last edited by Dgrin,

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might be OT but has a method been invented where we can inject a AC:NL digital save data to a psychical copy?
you're able to do that with both methods.

ram hacking method: dump digital file, inject digital file into physical game

tubehacks method: (to be done on the same system with the same SD card) copy the data from the digital version and apply it to the physical version. both versions show up as separate icons in the browser so figure out which is which before doing anything else.

I can go further into detail if you'd like to message me

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not entirely related to save editing; but it kind of is. My wife has a US copy of AC and would like to import the EU AC:HHD N3DS XL. I tested region free on my AUS N3DS, and yeah the game loads but it now thinks the game is EU and it thinks the save is corrupt. Essentially what I need is a way to transfer her town and data from a US save to a EU save. At the very least her catalog and badge progress and bug/fish encyclopedia...the rest I could just recreate with the current editor.

Has any of this work come across a way to successfully jump regions with AC saves?

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not entirely related to save editing; but it kind of is. My wife has a US copy of AC and would like to import the EU AC:HHD N3DS XL. I tested region free on my AUS N3DS, and yeah the game loads but it now thinks the game is EU and it thinks the save is corrupt. Essentially what I need is a way to transfer her town and data from a US save to a EU save. At the very least her catalog and badge progress and bug/fish encyclopedia...the rest I could just recreate with the current editor.

Has any of this work come across a way to successfully jump regions with AC saves?
firstly, is her copy of ACNL a cart or a digital download?

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a cart, US, CTR-P-EDGE. But this happens when you load any US version of animal crossing on a EU device using the public region free patch. It even happens in gateway emunand if you use freemultipatcher to spoof region (obviously you don't need to as GW is naturally region-free. And whatever they do doesn't break the save using US on EU system, but I don't expect this 3DS to be 9.2 or lower), whether you're using the digital or gateway cart version. Same thing happens if you just try to import a US save into a EU cart/copy.

Last edited by troa11,

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a cart, US, CTR-P-EDGE. But this happens when you load any US version of animal crossing on a EU device using the public region free patch. It even happens in gateway emunand if you use freemultipatcher to spoof region (obviously you don't need to as GW is naturally region-free. And whatever they do doesn't break the save using US on EU system, but I don't expect this 3DS to be 9.2 or lower), whether you're using the digital or gateway cart version. Same thing happens if you just try to import a US save into a EU cart/copy.
i think you might be out of luck then, unfortunately.

like, i've imported an NA ACNL town to a JP ACNL game but I also played the JP game on a JP device and possessed a JP cart before i started the process (which was achieved by ram hacking)

Xanthae

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having some trouble placing coordinates because I don't have very good sight and the grids hurt my eyes a bit; you could try adding a zoom-in/out option or add the option to enable borders with the spaces' numbers (I'm sorry if I'm not explaining myself correctly), to make it easier to find coordinates and to avoid anyone going blind, lol.
But on the other hand, it works great! I successfully changed my bridges and train station to match my town hall, steetlamps and benches, changed Ribbot to Ankha, my mayor's name (I've been itching to find a way to do this, as she has a nickname I really hate now because of personal reasons), and maxed out my players' bank accounts.
I'm looking foward to see what else I can do so that, after two years, I can finally make a town I enjoy. Thanks so much for this!

Reactions: Deleted User

kumi_vee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question about NLSE editor, so ive had my town for 2 years now, but um, i recently decorated something on the beach to make it looks awesome af, the problem is, for some reason, i don't know wat happen, but i cannot send OR receive letters, and it bothers me to the max, is their any possible way to fix this? i don't wanna have to power save something from 2 weeks ago in just to recieve letters an stuff, i dont wanna have to start over the design i was working on :(

XAlucarDX454

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway you can add a map feature to the buildings/pwp tab that shows where they are and their size please.. That would make moving and editing so much easier

Reactions: Xanthae

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you might be out of luck then, unfortunately.

like, i've imported an NA ACNL town to a JP ACNL game but I also played the JP game on a JP device and possessed a JP cart before i started the process (which was achieved by ram hacking)

Well, I know I didn't mention in my query but I have access to a ton of tools to make this happen. I have a NA 3DS on 4.5, a NA N3DS XL on 9.2, and as mentioned an AUS N3DS on 9.0. I also have 2 gateway carts and a sky3ds. So I can export and import between formats up the wazoo, I just need to know if it can be done in any way.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway you can add a map feature to the buildings/pwp tab that shows where they are and their size please.. That would make moving and editing so much easier
http://anti-social-pro-acnl.tumblr.com/post/128370909419/update-guide-on-how-to-place-slanted for placements

as for sizes: http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Public_Works_Projects

Well, I know I didn't mention in my query but I have access to a ton of tools to make this happen. I have a NA 3DS on 4.5, a NA N3DS XL on 9.2, and as mentioned an AUS N3DS on 9.0. I also have 2 gateway carts and a sky3ds. So I can export and import between formats up the wazoo, I just need to know if it can be done in any way.
i've no idea, as i don't own/know about any of these ; o; i'm sorry!

Last edited by regigiygas,
Reactions: XAlucarDX454

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta have the whole experience