ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

nicole94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble with injecting. I go to the bookmark for it and i get the green screen, go in and out of the train station and then it just crashes the game. Any help would be appreciated! I haven't modified my map or anything, all i had done was lay down some bush starts and stuff !

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
HEEEEELPPP!!!
I used the editor to re-plant a yellow hibiscus bush and remove some flowers, but everything that was edited is now a (watered) red rose that behaves like a stone tile!!! What should I do???

EDIT: Phew. That was close. I suppose that was the case because New Leaf is racist and doesn't want english items in my german game. It's the 20th century all over again... Gah. More like the glitched Red tulip item in Wild World.

Last edited by KoopaStarRpad,

JoJodude

Trophies
XP
Country
HEEEEELPPP!!!
I used the editor to re-plant a yellow hibiscus bush and remove some flowers, but everything that was edited is now a (watered) red rose that behaves like a stone tile!!! What should I do???

EDIT: Phew. That was close. I suppose that was the case because New Leaf is racist and doesn't want english items in my german game. It's the 20th century all over again... Gah. More like the glitched Red tulip item in Wild World.
I'm glad you got it all sorted out !

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'm glad you got it all sorted out !
Yeah, I figured out that the cause must have been something with my game being from a different region. I wish the spider exploit still lived, but honestly, if you backup your ''vanilla''-save of any game and keep track of it, everything will be fine. Just, I have to inject those region-exclusive items again...

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I don't understand what happened there lol

What did you exactly edit in your game?

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I don't understand what happened there lol

What did you exactly edit in your game?
I accidentally destroyed a yellow hibiscus bush, so I opened my newest garden.dat and placed a yellow hibiscus bush on where it belonged. I plan on doing screenshots of every villager exterior/interior, so I replaced all flowers around their houses with a -.
Loaded that save, everything I edited was a red rose that behaved like a stone/plaza tile, and it looked watered (lighter sprite)
Off to sleep now, though, sorry

GamerTeakay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to say this save editor works like a charm and I wanted to give a bit of a warning when using it.

Never add another PWP to your town while a donation Gyroid is in your town. I made this mistake and ended up with two Reset centers and the inability to send or receive mail. Even erasing the first center didn't fix it. Using an earlier save gave me the red message of doom and now I have a fresh new town to edit. :glare:

Reactions: Deleted User

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's absolutely no way to convert my old 1.8MB acnlram into a useable garden.dat file to import to my animal crossing retail cart using the save data manager?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I accidentally destroyed a yellow hibiscus bush, so I opened my newest garden.dat and placed a yellow hibiscus bush on where it belonged. I plan on doing screenshots of every villager exterior/interior, so I replaced all flowers around their houses with a -.
Loaded that save, everything I edited was a red rose that behaved like a stone/plaza tile, and it looked watered (lighter sprite)
Off to sleep now, though, sorry
I still don't understand what happened there.
So you just placed a yellow hibiscus then the savegame became glitched? What does the language iteam have to do with this?
Do you keep the glitched savegame? Can you upload it somewhere so I can take a look?
Do you need homebrew for garden.dat

You can also use SaveDataFiler if you have Gateway.
I just wanted to say this save editor works like a charm and I wanted to give a bit of a warning when using it.

Never add another PWP to your town while a donation Gyroid is in your town. I made this mistake and ended up with two Reset centers and the inability to send or receive mail. Even erasing the first center didn't fix it. Using an earlier save gave me the red message of doom and now I have a fresh new town to edit. :glare:
:-O
You can't add a PWP in your town with my editor. What did you exactly do?
So there's absolutely no way to convert my old 1.8MB acnlram into a useable garden.dat file to import to my animal crossing retail cart using the save data manager?
How did you get that big file size? lol RAM dumps were 768kb and ~512kb.

Yes, it's possible to turn it into a garden.dat file (although is not an easy task). But the results can be unexepected, since the acnlram.bin file only has garden.dat information, but missing the rest of savegame data. If you inject it in another town, all players will be recognized as foreigners, so they won't be able to send/receive letters due to the town ID.
And again, that can be fixed too, and this is even harder to do.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it is possible but not yet? I have the other data files like the exhibit and ect thats from the same town but from a future save point and I want to restore it to how better it was in the past. The old ram file is 768kb

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I still don't understand what happened there.
So you just placed a yellow hibiscus then the savegame became glitched? What does the language iteam have to do with this?
Do you keep the glitched savegame? Can you upload it somewhere so I can take a look?

You can also use SaveDataFiler if you have Gateway.

:-O
You can't add a PWP in your town with my editor. What did you exactly do?

How did you get that big file size? lol RAM dumps were 768kb and ~512kb.

Yes, it's possible to turn it into a garden.dat file (although is not an easy task). But the results can be unexepected, since the acnlram.bin file only has garden.dat information, but missing the rest of savegame data. If you inject it in another town, all players will be recognized as foreigners, so they won't be able to send/receive letters due to the town ID.
And again, that can be fixed too, and this is even harder to do.
Hmm... Well, I deleted it so I can upload a non-glitched save, but you know, the place where there should be a yellow hibiscus bush + where I removed some flowers, instead of the yellow bush there was that not-removable red rose, the same rose was placed everywhere where I removed flowers.

Reactions: marc_max

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/36/1441523901-hni-0046.jpg
@marc_max Do you know how to fill the grass?
I can't use the only ram tool that I know he can do it, because I'm on N3DS...
Maybe with hex, or add a fill button to your editor?
Sorry, that is not documented :-( I removed the grass wear option in my editor since it wasn't doing what users had expected.
So it is possible but not yet? I have the other data files like the exhibit and ect thats from the same town but from a future save point and I want to restore it to how better it was in the past. The old ram file is 768kb
Then it's possible (but again, I can't tell you how mixing a very old garden.dat with more recent files will affect the savegame though). The process is not easy. You will need the latest NAND secure value, add it to the RAM file (along 0x70 bytes IIRC), truncate it then save it as garden.dat with the editor so it fixes all checksums. And cross fingers! :-) But yeah, theorically that should work.

It would be a lot easier to inject that RAM file (768kb file must be truncated to the correct 524288 bytes format though) through RAM hacking. But I suppose you don't have access to a spiderable console anymore.

Hmm... Well, I deleted it so I can upload a non-glitched save, but you know, the place where there should be a yellow hibiscus bush + where I removed some flowers, instead of the yellow bush there was that not-removable red rose, the same rose was placed everywhere where I removed flowers.
How did you fix it BTW?

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Sorry, that is not documented :-( I removed the grass wear option in my editor since it wasn't doing what users had expected.

Then it's possible (but again, I can't tell you how mixing a very old garden.dat with more recent files will affect the savegame though). The process is not easy. You will need the latest NAND secure value, add it to the RAM file (along 0x70 bytes IIRC), truncate it then save it as garden.dat with the editor so it fixes all checksums. And cross fingers! :-) But yeah, theorically that should work.

It would be a lot easier to inject that RAM file (768kb file must be truncated to the correct 524288 bytes format though) through RAM hacking. But I suppose you don't have access to a spiderable console anymore.

How did you fix it BTW?
I just used an older save, edited the NAND checksum and did everything in the game myself, sorry, though still don't have a yellow hibiscus bush even when I placed a y.-hibiscus start in my pockets. Guess I'll go Club Tortimer later. Sorry, that's the only thing I could think about, I never learned something about tech, but just do everything that seems about logical to me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way, when editing the face, I assume the eyes the bottom character has are #1, are they? (Male, of course)
Animal_Crossing_Coverart.png

I have those small, centered eyes (#7) and want to try the cover one out.
And yes, they still exist in New Leaf.

Last edited by KoopaStarRpad,

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww it didn't work, it just said that the save data was corrupted, rip old town </3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do the old QR codes for injecting RAM still up? I want to use my brothers unupdated 3ds to use spider injection and get my town back

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work