ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf ROM Hacking

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to do anything other than model and texture modding? And not just collision alteration.
I'm wondering about the actual game code, maybe dialogue patterns or letters, item manipulation, etc.

I've tried to run through a few times with IDA but I honestly have no idea what i'm doing, my assembly experience is so little but I've been programming for years.. Tried to find some tutorials to get started but really it just differs so much depending on the project.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you PM me the HHD character's textures? Felyne, especially.
That would be awesome, importing HHD villagers was really my main objective, so I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

Happy to help, guys...but it'll be early next week before that happens.

Also, I've successfully made Sable a villager, I would assume Mabel would be just as easy...not sure about Label, as she has extra clothing and usually it's that which gets messed up.

Last edited by troa11,
Reactions: Jwiz33

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States

Also, I've successfully made Sable a villager, I would assume Mabel would be just as easy...not sure about Label, as she has extra clothing and usually it's that which gets messed up.
Does Sable look strange? Is the cloth texture looking right? Which villager did you replace?
(Sorry for the bombard of questions :P)

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Sable look strange? Is the cloth texture looking right? Which villager did you replace?
(Sorry for the bombard of questions :P)

Actually Sable comes out perfectly. She keeps her apron and does not seem to use the "shirt" she's wearing anywhere on her. I personally replaced Chevre just because it's easier to use an animal that has a name the same length or longer.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Actually Sable comes out perfectly. She keeps her apron and does not seem to use the "shirt" she's wearing anywhere on her. I personally replaced Chevre just because it's easier to use an animal that has a name the same length or longer.
I'll use Chevre too, just to be safe ;)
Thanks!

mental_lentil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Of course, take it easy and enjoy the holiday. Again, very grateful for the help. :bow:

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone managed to implement a totally custom mesh for a villager yet? That's really what I'm interested in. I have been working on a side modeling project to create some villager-esque "chibi" versions of characters from other games, but I'm at a loss as to how to get them into my game.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Anyone managed to implement a totally custom mesh for a villager yet? That's really what I'm interested in. I have been working on a side modeling project to create some villager-esque "chibi" versions of characters from other games, but I'm at a loss as to how to get them into my game.
No tool can import and export models fully yet. Ohana3ds Rebirth can view them, but you can't save what you edit.

herolarcio

The difference is night and day.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So hey. If some of you have been poking around, you may know I'm doing a music swap hack of ACNL... Do any of you know where I might find the music that plays when you catch a bug/fish/seafood or dig up a fossil? I've looked everywhere within the stream folder.

Leigho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So hey. If some of you have been poking around, you may know I'm doing a music swap hack of ACNL... Do any of you know where I might find the music that plays when you catch a bug/fish/seafood or dig up a fossil? I've looked everywhere within the stream folder.
Question, is there a way to completely remove the music from the game? Pretty much I just want the ambiance sounds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it