Homebrew [Android] IRdA - InputRedirection client for Android

SlimeyHD

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know this is a bit late but I have this problem when I try to map my joysticks the screen is stuck at "Waiting for joystick threshold". When I press any other button the screen closes because my phone thinks I am pressing "Cancel" with my PS4 controller.

Edit: I just tried this with my old phone and it works there. I am just guessing the problem is my android version since I got a message on my newer phone that the software might not work.

Last edited by SlimeyHD,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I know this is a bit late but I have this problem when I try to map my joysticks the screen is stuck at "Waiting for joystick threshold". When I press any other button the screen closes because my phone thinks I am pressing "Cancel" with my PS4 controller.

Edit: I just tried this with my old phone and it works there. I am just guessing the problem is my android version since I got a message on my newer phone that the software might not work.

Yup, newer versions of Android report more joystick axises, which breaks my stick detection code :/
I also tried my DualShock 4, and it seems to be bugged thanks to the triggers being analog.

I've tried fixing it, but no luck yet.

Reactions: SlimeyHD

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

dualshock 4 doesn’t provide Xinput commands. Android has a built in program that understands and converts these input to certain key presses thats why the IRdA app cant be used for such functions (and cant identify that key presses are entered)i highly suggest trying Xbox Controller. it will work for the app.

CaueArua

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, current I'm looking for a way to control 2 to 4 3ds with only one controller, so I can shiny hunt in multiple consoles at time.
How difficult would it be to add this function in this app?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi, current I'm looking for a way to control 2 to 4 3ds with only one controller, so I can shiny hunt in multiple consoles at time.
How difficult would it be to add this function in this app?

Very difficult as it is currently, as it's designed to only connect to one 3DS. Although adding multi-controller support should not be that difficult, as it's already supported by accident, but just the button layout will be scrambled between the controllers.

There are however dedicated shiny-hunting programs, why not use those?

CaueArua

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Very difficult as it is currently, as it's designed to only connect to one 3DS. Although adding multi-controller support should not be that difficult, as it's already supported by accident, but just the button layout will be scrambled between the controllers.

There are however dedicated shiny-hunting programs, why not use those?
I'm a full odds shiny hunter, so I'm looking for a way to control multiple consoles at once, this way I can double hunt more easily. The only "shiny hunt programs" I know are the RNG abuse, if you know any other, please tell me.

Where can I find the source code for this app?
I could take a look and try to add this feature. Or create a new version based this app expecific to aid shiny hunters.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm a full odds shiny hunter, so I'm looking for a way to control multiple consoles at once, this way I can double hunt more easily. The only "shiny hunt programs" I know are the RNG abuse, if you know any other, please tell me.

Where can I find the source code for this app?
I could take a look and try to add this feature. Or create a new version based this app expecific to aid shiny hunters.

Ah, I've never release the source-code.

Do you *absolutely* need this for phone? Also any other features?

If you're really sure IRdA is for you, are you okay with serious input lag if I add multisend support? I've optimized my app as much as I could in Java without going down to C++, but it still uses 100% CPU for some reason when there is touch or joystick input.

CaueArua

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ah, I've never release the source-code.

Do you *absolutely* need this for phone? Also any other features?

If you're really sure IRdA is for you, are you okay with serious input lag if I add multisend support? I've optimized my app as much as I could in Java without going down to C++, but it still uses 100% CPU for some reason when there is touch or joystick input.
For shiny hunt I don't care for input lag,

I prefer to use the phone, is better than use the PC, I was thinking in make a hardware mod, but I don't know a lot of electronic, a software solution would be great.

As for other features, I can think in a lot, for example, create a macros so I could do a sequence of inputs with only pressing only one button. Or creating a virtual controller, in order to control the 3ds direct form the phone...

If you share the source code I can help you with the development. We could create a new app just for shiny hunters, although I've never developed for Android, I've been working with java for over 10 years.

If you have the documentation for the redirect input I could develop a poc of this new app and just call you when I find some trouble....

Reactions: Sono

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...