Hardware analog stick not working

xsdfr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
i was replacing my screen yesterday (psp 3k) after which my analog stick randomly stopped working. no inputs register, except a very slight chance it might get stuck and start inputting down-right. i thought that the ribbon cable for the stick must've disconnected, but reconnecting it didn't fix anything. any guesses? should i just buy a new stick?

IsodremOlucnaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a pair of PSP 1000 who register "ghost inputs" on the analog even if the analog module or the rubber.... conductive... thing... are not installed, i think theres something wrong with the motherboard.
Have you tried to fire up the console without these pieces installed?

xsdfr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I have a pair of PSP 1000 who register "ghost inputs" on the analog even if the analog module or the rubber.... conductive... thing... are not installed, i think theres something wrong with the motherboard.
Have you tried to fire up the console without these pieces installed?
yes, i have. when the analog stick is disconnected, nothing happens.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was replacing my screen yesterday (psp 3k) after which my analog stick randomly stopped working. no inputs register, except a very slight chance it might get stuck and start inputting down-right. i thought that the ribbon cable for the stick must've disconnected, but reconnecting it didn't fix anything. any guesses? should i just buy a new stick?
Check the pins on the the rubber cable connector, for any dirty/or even broken/ missing pins. Make sure it's plugged in the correct orientation.
I don't think the flex cable on the left side that has the L button & dpad inputs has any control over it, but if it's not glued to system the aforementioned buttons won't function properly, not sure if it could affect the analog stick tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto