ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Howcome I keep getting DVD Identification Error (Or something like that) when I try to insert newly burned dvds? I've used the same burning method for HM ToT and it loads. Then I tried to burn another copy of HM ToT but the loader gives me the DVD Identification Error. And to make it worse, my first copy of HM ToT won't boot pass the harvest sprites screen anymore.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DVD Identification Error is a problem with the disc usually. I got that when i used a rewritable disc - worked fine on a -r disc at 2.4 speed burn

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was using Memorex DVD-R, which is the same type of disc I used for burning the first copy of my HM ToT. I still got that error however. I found a blank HP Invent DVD-R laying around so hopefully this does the trick.

EDIT: Well, the blank DVD works fine but HM still suffers from the glitches though. Guess I really do gotta find a self-dumped copy since some people claim the dump by FATAL is semi-bad.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
--=ZerO=-- said:
Some pages ago someone said extractpartition is a Linux app...

extractpartition is neither a Linux nor Windows app - it was released as source that could be compiled for both systems. The problem seems to be compiling it (why it needs devkitpro, I don't understand, seeings as it is a PC-based terminal app, nothing relying on the ARM or PPC toolchains - but then I'm no expert)

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
From the list I printed out yesterday it had ? in the NTSC for Madden 09 NFL...

I tried burning it twice 2 different speeds and the results were the same...

It loaded fine but when it went to load the actual game play after selecting your team, etc. it goes to load the actual gameplay and then freezes in the same spot on both burns... and I have tried loading the game several on each... so I guess this one is not compatible yet with the loader (Wiigator) so... hopefully soon it will work after the loader gets updated...

Patience is a virtue with this project.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Category said:
If I were you djtaz, I'ld take Opera and R-Type out of your zip file - the homebrew bits are all awesome, and nice to have collected, but distributing copyrighted materials is the kind of thing the mods will frown upon. Aside from that awesome colection - but be careful with the W4REZ!

Opera and R-Type removed from the zip file as im not 100% sure on the copyright status of them , so ill play it safe for now - dont want to be upsetting anyone.

theoperator288

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Opera and R-Type removed from the zip file as im not 100% sure on the copyright status of them , so ill play it safe for now - dont want to be upsetting anyone.
Cool, I was going to mention that R-Type the program isn't copyrighted, but the games are. As for the Opera Browser, the reason you can't distribute that wad is because Nintendo bought the rights to make a browser for the Wii. Which after their initial testing, made it pay to use. (ie. 500 points on the Shop Channel) So "technically" it is illegal, but you got it all worked out :-)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
theoperator288 said:
djtaz said:
Cool, I was going to mention that R-Type the program isn't copyrighted, but the games are. As for the Opera Browser, the reason you can't distribute that wad is because Nintendo bought the rights to make a browser for the Wii. Which after their initial testing, made it pay to use. (ie. 500 points on the Shop Channel) So "technically" it is illegal, but you got it all worked out :-)

Yeah , its all a bit confusing really. I would have expected them all to be open source but it goes to show that my knowledge of copyrights is severly limited !

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am having problems compiling extractpartition on Ubuntu (Linux) i get a tools.o error 1 when i try to make it i have both devkit ppc and arm installed can anyone help me i really dont want to have to install a virtual windows. (takes to much time)

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
blitzer320 said:
i am having problems compiling extractpartition on Ubuntu (Linux) i get a tools.o error 1 when i try to make it i have both devkit ppc and arm installed can anyone help me i really dont want to have to install a virtual windows. (takes to much time)

I had the same problem - just use the one in djtaz's zip file with wine, it runs perfectly.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what version of wine do you have because when i use it it creates a small 22MB partition and a 4.4GB temp isos then turns off
I'm using 1.1.5

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
blitzer320 said:
what version of wine do you have because when i use it it creates a small 22MB partition and a 4.4GB temp isos then turns off
I'm using 1.1.5

I couldn't tell you off the top of my head - the latest version in the Ubuntu repositories. WOuld check, but on my work computer at the moment.

I'm not actually using extractpartition - I'm using BackupCreator.exe from Wanakiko's (is that how you spell his name?) leaked loader. When I use it (from the terminal), it takes a while (5-10 minutes), and then gives me a full 4.4GB partition.iso, which burns and plays fine.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Yeah, sure man - first, move the iso you wnat to decrypt into the same directory as the backupcreator/extractpartition exe, then -

Code:
$ cd /path/to/backupcreator/

$ wine BackupCreator.exe game.iso
---or---
$ wine extractpartition.exe game.iso

Hope that helps!

xecutionx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, I've backed up all my games.

Any idea when an updated version is set to come out? Most of my games don't play, except one downloaded copy of Call of Duty, and even that has issues.

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just won Twilight Princess off of eBay, so I'll get it Friday (hopefully) or Saturday.
I'm going to try to get a few dozen games to try out, though I might be out of town and won't be able to test some.

GreenJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really confused! What do i do with it once ive downloaded it?
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-