OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i sold my Wii U to a guy on internet.

Before give it to that guy, I wanted to format it!

I had CBHC installed on my Wii U and I formatted it!
I completely forgot to remove CBHC before formatting... Now my VC DS game is gone and my Wii U won't boot at all (stuck on Wii U loading screen)

Am I totally screwed now?

EDIT: damn we absolutely need a NAND backup restoring solution for Wii U

Last edited by Keylogger,

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, Screwed. Didnt you brick the vWii side of your WiiU before actually bricking the hole system?

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your xml is now pointing to a deleted title. There's nothing you can do to fix this. I asked people on the wiiubru irc, and they agreed that your system is bricked.

Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Your xml is now pointing to a deleted title. There's nothing you can do to fix this. I asked people on the wiiubru irc, and they agreed that your system is bricked.
Damn! I have a lot of NAND backups! Too bad there is no solution to restore them!
Making NAND dumps is pretty useless

Whovian NineThreeSixNine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn! I have a lot of NAND backups! Too bad there is no solution to restore them!
Making NAND dumps is pretty useless
If you do a HARDMOD, you could (at least theoretically) restore a NAND backup

Edit:

Thus making NAND backups 100% NOT USELESS.

Refund the guy and tell him what happened.

Last edited by Whovian NineThreeSixNine,

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about it, as long as you aren't stupid you'll be fine, CBHC bricks are 100% user error.
Calling someone stupid for being forgetful is a little harsh, in my honest opinion a hack like this should have never been released to the public without some kind of protection. A user should be able to format without fear of bricking. Why everyone recommends to people\noobs to install it is beyond me. launching haxchi everytime isn't that hard. Just my 2 cents

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling someone stupid for being forgetful is a little harsh, in my honest opinion a hack like this should have never been released to the public without some kind of protection. A user should be able to format without fear of bricking. Why everyone recommends to people\noobs to install it is beyond me. launching haxchi everytime isn't that hard. Just my 2 cents
Yeah, i dont need CBHC and if i ever get haxchi i'll be fine with that, but if you look at how CBHC actually works it makes perfect sense why it bricks when you format.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX tried to disable formatting, but he couldn't figure it out. I don't think that he should hold back his work b/c noobs might brick. People need to recognize the risks inherent in messing with these things, and take responsibility when they brick because of user error.

Reactions: ItsKipz

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its not like on every boot it displays that cbhc is on the system and in the system menu it says its on version 99.99.99 and the title is called DONT TOUCH ME but ok I guess shit happens; and yes while I do already block against deleting, moving and overinstalling, whatever formatting does is different and in code I did not understand yet how it actually works and it'll probably take me a bit. that said I'm sure that it can be blocked eventually too with probably a very simple patch to cbhc.
Oh and to the guy who said I shouldn't have released it, I dont want the wiiu to never get anything, also without any public testing things wouldnt just magically improve on its own, right now formatting is literally the only way to brick anyways, everything else is already accounted for.

Last edited by FIX94,

Zerok1ller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, in my honest opinion.. a user shouldn't be installing stuff they don't know anything about... When they release stuff like that.. you can't blame the DEV, is all your choice if you wan it or not.. just know that if you do is your fault if you brick noone else... Fix94 doesn't release stuff so people can brick.. he just do it for the community and probably learning experience. so if you want a User to be able to format without fear of bricking... well.... don't install cbhc or better yet don't hack your system.

Reactions: Tony_93 and ItsKipz

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, in my honest opinion.. a user shouldn't be installing stuff they don't know anything about... When they release stuff like that.. you can't blame the DEV, is all your choice if you wan it or not.. just know that if you do is your fault if you brick noone else... Fix94 doesn't release stuff so people can brick.. he just do it for the community and probably learning experience. so if you want a User to be able to format without fear of bricking... well.... don't install cbhc or better yet don't hack your system.
Also, formatting is 100% a brick, which makes perfect sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious