Gaming Am i screwed?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a flashed Samsung Kreon drive and installed it onto my tower only to realise my DL Burner is 32x minimum. i heard games have to be burned at no more than 4x for them to work. is there anyway to force it to burn at this speed, or does it not even really matter, or am i screwed? i'd try one myself but i dont have any spare DL DVDs and the place i get them at don't open till wednesday (there really cheap there).

if i can't burn i have to friggin sell the Kreon drive, hope i can make back what i payed.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
look at the details of the drive. it probably only writes cd-rw's at 32. for dl's i'm sure it's considerably less.
i'd recomend burning at 2.4 times using "image burn".

companies often use this kind of gimmicky advertising to catch your eye. it's like those get a free ps3 deal... small print: when you get a 2 year phone contract
tongue.gif

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I burn all my games at 8x and they work perfectly fine.
ohmy.gif

Out of 30 to 40 games only two didn't work.
DMC4 crashed after the first level and GoW2 crashes while playing horde mode.
ohmy.gif

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
according to infotool it is only 32x but i hope your right and it is a mistake. is there any other program i can use that tells the speed of the drive? maybe infotool just isn't good.

either way i spose i'll just get a blank when i can and test it out if it works awesome if not then i'll be forced to sell.

and sorry i just realised i didn't mention that in my first post (thought i did) i used info tool to look at the speed and thats how i found out about the 32x thingie.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...