SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A few days ago in another thread, someone asked for some HBC themes to be more "aero" as they described it (clearly inspired by the feature in Windows Vista & 7 of the same name). In other words, they wanted the themes to be more transparent, so that the background was more visible through the list of apps. So I made Alpha-tizer.

It'll take any theme.zip and make it more "aero". Basically it makes the app buttons (list and grid view) transparent, and changes the transparency of the text (value can be set in app).

gallery_171891_178_7296.png

Screenshot of example "alpha-tized" theme:

gallery_171891_178_92177.png

Sometime I may add the option to disable replacing the apps buttons (if you just want to change transparency of text) and perhaps previewing of text as well. Dunno if I'll ever get round to that though.

-=Changelog=-

-v1.0-
  • Initial Release
-v1.1-
  • Added ability to change alpha value of buttons
:download: : http://filetrip.net/...-tizer-1-0.html

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I LOVE it! Installing now, thanks!

And you can apply this to ANY theme right?
It should work with any theme, yes. If there is no theme.xml, it'll put in a default one with the modified alpha value.

If you come across any bugs, please let me know :)

EDIT: Added v1.1, has ability to choose alpha value of the app buttons (slightly buggy, the value put in and the actual value in the final image may not be quite equal.)

c64sd4sd4sd4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This maybe a crazy request but would there be a way to automatically load a new background each time you go into HBC? That feature and this app would go hand in hand.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope that's not possible. You can't have more than one background per theme, so it would have to be implemented in HBC I'm afraid. The only other option would be to somehow send a theme.zip over wiiload each time HBC loads. But I don't think there's anyway to detect from a remote computer when HBC is loaded, so that's out as well. (If there is some way anyone knows, let me know and I'll see if I can fix something up)

Sorry, I would love to help if it were possible, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But I don't think there's anyway to detect from a remote computer when HBC is loaded, so that's out as well. (If there is some way anyone knows, let me know and I'll see if I can fix something up)
There isn't, unless you have a PC program constantly poll the wii's (static) IP attempting to connect to the wiiload port. If it is able to connect, you know HBC is running.

You could have a separate channel installed that changes the HBC theme stored on the NAND and then launches HBC itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even