Allegations arise of sexual harassment towards Nintendo of America's female testers

images

Once again Nintendo hits the headlines, but this time not for the "lighthearted" news you might expect, not even their obnoxious DMCA notice. Several female testers have spoken out about certain inappropriate comments, advances, and overall "frat-like" ambient that they experienced from both co-workers and superiors during their stay at NoA as testers. The allegations even seem to indicate harsh behaviours not only based on sex, but also towards employees of different sexual orientations.

The accusations have been reported and published by Kotaku just a few days ago, in quite a lengthy article going into great detail about the several stories they've gathered regarding the different accusations and claims from inside the NoA offices.

The recent claims have reached the attention of Nintendo of America's current president, Doug Bowser, to which he sent an internal message to their employees:

Doug Bowser said:
We have and will always investigate any allegations we become aware of, and we are actively investigating these most recent claims.

It is currently unknown if there is an active legal action against specific employees.

:arrow: Source #1
:arrow: Source #2

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
6 pages and the battle of the sexes is still raging? here i'll make it easy for you:

1. it is wrong for men to mistreat woman
2. it is wrong for woman to make false accusations

there problem solved

now close this shit and get on with your lives :glare:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
6 pages and the battle of the sexes is still raging? here i'll make it easy for you:

1. it is wrong for men to mistreat woman
2. it is wrong for woman to make false accusations

there problem solved

now close this shit and get on with your lives :glare:
It’s really mostly 6 pages of rampant sexism and misogyny through out a large portion of them.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also let's bear in mind that a huge chunk of those are prosecuted anyways. I wonder why people don't say anything about the people who psychopathically go after women who make legitimate rape accusations though. Why are incels silent about the people trying to suppress legitimate survivors?

She says, begging the question, the obvious answer is that they don't want rape survivors speaking up, because god forbid incels let people have agency in their own lives.
By people, I assume everybody on here that you disagree with, you know, the ones who are calling to actually investigate the claims of sexual harassment/assault instead of just taking the word of just one side.

It is you and your circle jerk of leftist seals who want to silent people.

Investigate every single claim and encourage others to come forward with actual claims. The only thing you fear happening is the number of false claims decreasing.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
While i do hope that every (wo)man who's sexual herrassed, raped or any way mistreated should find legal help.
I hope they get the bastard who mistreted them real hard, and i don't think they should stop taking steps in the claim for they might not be succesful.
I do understand the low rate of false claims.

That said, a false claim through the public will probably destroy the future of the (family of) accused (and his or her friends).
This can be your family...
even though you did nothing wrong, nor did you cousin or your brother, your wife or who ever.

Yes file the claim, but if it's justice you seek, why directly through the media?

I know how much damage a false claim can do, that freakin low percentage was against my brother.

Though he's far from an angel and so his ex girl was probably right to leave him in anger, the dammage is still there for thier daughter was in the firing line.

So yes again, do the claim, and i sure hope you get served justice.
Still give me that fucking proof before you'd go use the media.
Still give me that fucking proof before you claim the accused is guilty.

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
you know, the ones who are calling to actually investigate the claims of sexual harassment/assault instead of just taking the word of just one side.
I don't see where the person you're replying to disagreed with this, but, are you aware there is an investigation? This is already happening. Sure, there's a couple of people here assuming the accusation is false or true but I don't think they're the majority, and luckily they're not in charge anyway.

Reactions: LainaGabranth

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see where the person you're replying to disagreed with this, but, are you aware there is an investigation? This is already happening. Sure, there's a couple of people here assuming the accusation is false or true but I don't think they're the majority, and luckily they're not in charge anyway.
Trader sees my pfp, and then just goes into a bloodrage, immediately arguing against whatever he thinks I probably said.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
People saying they're waiting for proof before judging = incels, mysogenistic pigs, gays

People saying they want to lock up innocent people and ruin their lives without proof = strong, brave, right

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People saying they're waiting for proof before judging = incels, mysogenistic pigs, gays

People saying they want to lock up innocent people and ruin their lives without proof = strong, brave, right
If you soapbox hard enough perhaps you will rewrite reality and make the posts in this thread actually say that.

Reactions: The Catboy

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step one: open a new tab to this
Step two: read the thread again, looking for words you don't know
Step three (optional): finish kindergarten
Not an argument. See, when I say "no one is saying that," and your reply is "DURR UR DUMB" it makes you look pretty mad ;)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not an argument. See, when I say "no one is saying that," and your reply is "DURR UR DUMB" it makes you look pretty mad ;)
It's a convincing argument that cis men are childish and that my attraction to cis men is a mistake, as are a good chunk of the posts in this thread. Seriously, I worry about the women in these guys' lives.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a convincing argument that cis men are childish and that my attraction to cis men is a mistake, as are a good chunk of the posts in this thread. Seriously, I worry about the women in these guys' lives.
cishets are consistently the most insecure people to live

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you assuming my sexuality? LMAO keep digging your grave m8. Just because you're unhappy with the dude that can't find your gspot doesn't mean everyone else has to be as miserable as you.

EDIT: also it's funny how you boasted about adding me to your ignore list and yet you're still here acting like the insecure little troll that you are

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Idk