All XBox Ones are Also Dev Kits

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are actual full featured dev kits, then I might actually consider buying it, but if M$ pulls some stupid shit that you have to but some DLC and it's sandboxed then screw it

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M$ would be 100% stupid to not put limitations on such a thing. If they do not, it would just be asking for trouble from hackers. Its cool if they go through with it, but we all know that something like this isn't free.

newo

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
It sounds like a trap or worst yet more marketing BS. Or you will have to use .NET or some new dev tool chain that they just pulled out of their ass. It better be good. Let's hope it's good enough to actually care about.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Even if the dev kit functionality is tied to a subscription, like the $99/year for XNA Creator's Club membership there was for the 360, that's still peanuts compared to spending like, $30k for a PS2 dev kit.

Microsoft just killed off XNA support recently, going 100% DirectX and .Net

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, that's cool and all. But who can say that they won't at least attempt sue whoever takes advantage of this implemented feature in a way they don't approve of?

D

Deleted User

I'm not planning to buy any of the "Next-Gen" Consoles (PC > Console), but I want to congratulate Microsoft for at least trying to redeem it's status from being a shitstorm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer