Hacking AKAIO Wiki

CoNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get the wiki to work (page not found in IE7). Same when I tried yesterday. Is the wiki down for all of you or is it just me?!

EDIT: Damn, that's strange. It seems to be a problem with all subdomains under gbatemp.net. I can't access http://akaio.gbatemp.net/ just as I can't access http://wiki.gbatemp.net/. Seems like some kind of DNS/domain issue, but again, it would really help to know if it works for the rest of you.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Probably some kind of n00b-ish questions, since an/some answer(s) was/were sort of given in the wiki, but they aren't clear for me.

If you'd like to use cheats on a rom, do you have to enable the "global setting" of cheats to ON (as in: a ROM cheats=on option doesn't work if global cheats isn't enabled?? )? It seemed rather weird to me, ones I did (enable global cheats) it worked ... but I can't say for sure it needed to be on (new to cheat stuff, some said select...but you actual need to press the button SELECT).

The only way to (re-)enable "green/new"-loading is to erase the "Savelistex.bin"? Since it will make new savegames, I should backup all savegames and copy them back ones each of the savegame's ROMS is re-loaded?

All things aside, I really like AKAIO, it even comes with 2 skins ... I wonder where Acekard would be without. Kudos to the devs!

Posts merged(slow again)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
yes you would need to turn cheat patching on. if you don't how would they work, as they would not be turned on! yes you need to hit select to *select* your cheat decisions and save them so that they will work when you run the rom. it clearly says that in the wiki, i don't see how you are confused by this.

savelistex.bin will only cause issues if you are running akaio on the rpg. are you using an acekard rpg? basically savelistex.bin stores info so that on the next boot the save data for the rom you last played, which has save data cached, is written to the msd card. it can cause problems if you put on a new save for a rom you are still playing. because the cached save data will overwrite the new save you just dropped on the kit. it can also cause issues if you install akaio and add roms with pre-existing save files. if you are not using an rpg then ignore all of this as it is irrelevant in regards to the ak, ak+, ak2, ak2.1, and ak2i.

the green dma mode runs by default, but with some roms it isn't allowed at all. this is a compatibility fix and is the normal behavior. read the dma section again for more information. the savelistex.bin and dma modes have nothing to do with each other in the way your thinking about it.

-another world

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought the "general" option of "cheats" meant cheats were on by default, not a "use any cheats: yes/no" option. (The general option...not the per ROM option).
I didn't mean saving ... some cheats say "SELECT" ... which imo at first just meant "select this cheat to use it" in general, but it meant "press select ingame to enable this cheat". Just a minor getting use to.

Hmm, ok ... I pressed X (or A) with AC:WW .. so how can I get it back to "green"/normal now? (I was trying to find out if it would make any difference, but can't seem to get it "back to normal")

(I've got an Acekard 2i (HW44) with AKAIO 1.4.1 proper and the latest loaders/cheat etc loaded through WiFi )

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
again you have to turn cheats on in the akaio settings. it should be disabled by default. this due to the way the patches load to ram before the game loads, and how it can cause issues. so its off by default. after they are enabled you can select cheats and save your selection by hitting "select". now cheats will work on that rom.

there is no way to force the dma modes to any user controlled method. akaio ALWAYS defaults to the green quick-save mode as of 1.4.1, and the other method and no dma methods can be used by holding a button. what you probably experienced is an older loader that didn't force a dma mode, where the new loader does.

this thread is about the wiki and not your acekard problems. any further questions/comments should be posted in the forum and not this thread.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
who in the fuck is "Blizzardy"?

stop defacing the wiki by putting quotes from what i've typed. jesus christ all that info you just added is already in the wiki.

seriously what the hell. you added the savelistex.bin has no use on the other acekards? of course it does man. you can't just add to the wiki when you feel like it. you need to discuss changes.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...amp;oldid=25540

are you kidding me with this crap?

-another world

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there, I'm a user from a Brazilian NDS themed forum, and I would like to do a portuguese translation version of AKAIO wiki. I am asking for authorization to translate it and copy the images (not hotlink they, copy to other server and link from there).

Thanks in advance.

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for asking it again, but when will the loaders updated to the current? There were some releases of the 05/03 but the newest are 04/20 at the moment.

Do we have to ask in the acekard chat for the new ones?

Thanks to all for any response and sry for doubleposting.

CoNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
works fine for me.
Huh? That is weird. I have tried to open the wiki and the akaio pages many times over the last 3 days, and have gotten a "page not found" in IE7 each time?!?

Anyone knows what could be wrong?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@Tomy Sakazaki: that is perfectly fine. we ask that you make the wiki and keep it hosted here at gbatemp. the akaio wiki is a gbatemp property and we would like to keep it that way. also in the "links" section, when you are done, add a link to the translated wiki. if you have any questions please ask.

@klopfdreh: a question not for the wiki thread.... anyways, when gbatemp purged over 1,000,000 posts some stuff got messed up. i do not even know if norm or smiths know about it. you can get the more recent loader in the akaio 1.4.1 repack. check the gbatemp download center (or my sig) for a link.

@CoNS: try deleting your temporary internet files and reloading the page. it has been working for almost a week on my end.

-another world

CoNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, another world. That did the trick for me
smile.gif

lipanz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i just wanted to ask 1 question on the akaio..
do we need to enable manuall soft reset feature everytime we want to start a game?
does it have any setting to enable soft reset for all games...

found it..need to edit globalsetting

just a suggestion to the akaio developer team, why dont you put an icon indicating that particular game have cheat in the database.
just like R4 where while we browse the game list, any game that have cheat, it appears at the bottom of the screen "Press Y for Cheats". i think it would be better if they include this feature since we sometimes didnt keep track on which game has cheat in the database and which dont instead of check one by one in the ROM info.... well...it just a suggestion. anyway thanks for the great software ! love's every bit of it.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I've just seen Tom Sakazaki's post. And I want your permission (if there's any) to make a spanish translation of the AKAIO Gbatemp Wiki.

As you said I will host it at gbatemp. I'll start today, there's a lot of text to be translated. xD

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
that sounds great. again host it here at gbatemp and make sure you add a link to the akaio wiki (links section).

it might also be a good idea to put something like "for the most up-to-date version of the wiki check the english version." i only say that because we tweak it all the time. i'm constantly rereading it and trying to rewrite things so that they are easier to read.

cheers,
-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
lipanz said:
i just wanted to ask 1 question on the akaio..
do we need to enable manuall soft reset feature everytime we want to start a game?
does it have any setting to enable soft reset for all games...

found it..need to edit globalsetting

just a suggestion to the akaio developer team, why dont you put an icon indicating that particular game have cheat in the database.
just like R4 where while we browse the game list, any game that have cheat, it appears at the bottom of the screen "Press Y for Cheats". i think it would be better if they include this feature since we sometimes didnt keep track on which game has cheat in the database and which dont instead of check one by one in the ROM info.... well...it just a suggestion. anyway thanks for the great software ! love's every bit of it.

you are posting suggestions in the wiki thread? that is not a good idea they will get over looked. softreset is found in the menu, perhaps you should read the wiki? there is no need to edit the globalsettings.ini by hand. the "cheats" button already exists but you need to access the rom's properties (hit y) to see it. if a game has cheats in the db the button will appear.

-another world

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
Hi, I've just seen Tom Sakazaki's post. And I want your permission (if there's any) to make a spanish translation of the AKAIO Gbatemp Wiki.

As you said I will host it at gbatemp. I'll start today, there's a lot of text to be translated. xD

If you need help, just let me know.

happy.gif

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
no.

we've been through this.

You wanna prescan each game in a directory on load?
or you want it when the game is selected.

now take that and multiply it by the fucking retards who put over 200 games in 1 directory

then they'll bitch about slowness.

If you select a rom and show its properties and a cheat button shows up, it has cheats.

so no. not happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-