Advice wanted on system transferring a banned 3DS to unbanned 3DS

DorsalAxe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere. I did a search but I couldn't find a definitive, recent answer: is it possible to system transfer a banned 3DS with 002-0102 and 022-2812 to a clean N3DS without transferring a ban over?

If so, what would the correct process for this be? I'm assuming you would obviously have to remove the NNID on the source system first in order to even initiate the transfer. The old NNID is not wanted on the target system, so this isn't a concern, but would doing this cause any other complications? And would the usual method have to be a followed first on the source system to deal with 0102, or is this not needed? Failing any of this, is there a recommended current method for manually moving things over to the new system?

I keep seeing conflicting information, so any advice would be appreciated!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere. I did a search but I couldn't find a definitive, recent answer: is it possible to system transfer a banned 3DS with 002-0102 and 022-2812 to a clean N3DS without transferring a ban over?

If so, what would the correct process for this be? I'm assuming you would obviously have to remove the NNID on the source system first in order to even initiate the transfer. The old NNID is not wanted on the target system, so this isn't a concern, but would doing this cause any other complications? And would the usual method have to be a followed first on the source system to deal with 0102, or is this not needed? Failing any of this, is there a recommended current method for manually moving things over to the new system?

I keep seeing conflicting information, so any advice would be appreciated!
Nope as it uses Nintendos servers as authentication

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you do so? If you aim to transfer your installed games or saves, CFW is a much better alternative for doing so..
If you think doing the system transfer will rid the (first) banned 3DS of the ban, and the 2nd 3DS wouldn't get the ban after the system transfer, so you get 2 unbanned 3DSs? if so, i don't think that'll work like that, and you might end up with 2 banned systems instead.

Reactions: impeeza

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you do so? If you aim to transfer your installed games or saves, CFW is a much better alternative for doing so..
If you think doing the system transfer will rid the (first) banned 3DS of the ban, and the 2nd 3DS wouldn't get the ban after the system transfer, so you get 2 unbanned 3DSs? if so, i don't think that'll work like that, and you might end up with 2 banned systems instead.
Well can't transfer Anyways its banned

DorsalAxe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not trying to unban the original one, and I'm not interested in the original NNID or anything tied to it. I'm just lazy and want to smoothly move everything else on the system (even silly stuff like notes etc.) over to the new one and just use the N3DS from now on.

Well can't transfer Anyways its banned
I removed my NNID from the O3DS and it connected to the internet and allowed me to initiate the transfer (I didn't proceed). Is there another internet check later in the process? I've seen multiple posts from people saying they've done transfers with this particular ban, so evidently it is possible. Unfortunately I couldn't gather much information on how it went in the end, which is why I'm asking the question.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what you're asking. What exactly are you trying to transfer? If you removed your NNID, then nothing on the old console is valid anymore anyway. Non-legit things will either simply not work, or get your new account banned. But if you don't care about online access and/or getting banned, you can manually do a system transfer by making/restoring backups and manipulating the movable.sed file. You'll have to search deep in my post history to see how, though. End result... I have an O3DS and an N3DS that can use the same SD card contents. Titles installed to the SD on one system, will show up on the other, if I simply install the ticket (and copy files over so the same contents are on both of my cards). It's kind of cool (but I don't do online things anymore)...

Last edited by urherenow,

DorsalAxe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I did it. I managed to transfer my source O3DS successfully, with everything except the two bans transferring to the target N3DS. It's completely unbanned and I was able to go online and create a new NNID. I assume the source system is still banned, but I haven't touched it yet.

In case anyone in future ever comes across this and needs to know:
  • Use GodMode9 to hex edit the very last digits of secureinfo_a which is the 3DS unit's serial number. Change this to something random, but don't change the letters preceding the numbers.
  • Unlink your NNID via the script in GM9 so you can initiate the transfer process. In my case I noticed nnidsave.bin wasn't actually blank afterwards, so I replaced this with a totally blank one just to be double sure it didn't cause problems
  • Inject a new localfriendseed_b from another 3DS (this probably isn't necessary though, since I don't believe this file is transferred to the target system)
  • Initiate System Transfer through the settings app and complete it as normal.
  • Use faketik afterwards to regenerate any missing apps on the HOME menu (most homebrew apps will probably be missing from the menu, but HBL should still be there)

Reactions: rantex92

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1