Adventure game for GBA

adamshinoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there any good adventure game on GBA? I want a game with great story like Phoenix Wright series and Hotel Dusk on DS.
EDIT: No role-playing adventure plz
biggrin.gif

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could try the Broken Sword GBA port though there you play the DS version or the original via Scummvm. But I should say the GBA isn't a gread console for adventure games.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are not so many straight adventure games on the GBA (most are RPGs, strategy RPGs or platformers with a story). Still Broken Sword got ported over and was OK and a Nancy Drew game also got ported but opinion is very divided on it (I have never played it though).
After this you are looking at the odd action light TV show, film, toy or cartoon tie in which you will not thank me for pointing you at (isometric fetch quest in the Bratz universe being the general idea) and if I push it Mazes of Fate for the GBA (an old school first person dungeon crawler but it has a fairly nice story that is up there for me with many adventure games).

Japanese fares somewhat better as you might expect but I am not aware of anything that got translated (I have yet to see an adventure game that requires little in the way of Language skills) officially or otherwise aside from some people attempting to backport the DS translation of phoenix wright (gyakuten saiban) to the GBA (ostensibly to allow it to be played on the PSP) and if you can count it as such then Love Hina Advance ( http://www.romhacking.net/trans/581/ ).
Even then most of the Japanese adventures titles are the "but a step away from dating sim" type games with phoenix wright and Silent Hill being the main exceptions (others might include Kamaitachi no Yoru, possibly Zero One, Tantei Jinguuji Saburo, higanbana and the meitantei Conan games although they are more puzzle games with a story).

You do have the likes of http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/wiki/GBAGI though.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FAST: That Nancy Drew one is good. It has an awkward password save system though. It's a pain in the ass really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol