Hacking Homebrew Sonic Adventure DX Decomp for Switch

xXWILLIAMXBARROSXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello, My name is xXWILLIAMXBARROSXx but my friends call me Will, and I see many people try to make decompilation like devolution, Sonic CD Decomp, etc. Like someday I was playing "The Simpsons: Hit & Run Decompilation" on the Switch, what am I trying to say... I want to make a Sonic Adventure DX from Steam Decomp but I need help, I am not really good at this but if someone is good at making decompilation games reply something, please. I have the RAR file with the decompilation of Sonic Adventure DX. I was trying to talk to the owner of The Simpsons: Hit & Run Switch Port but he did not say something. Please if someone is good at making decompilation say something, ok?

• Angry
Reactions: mathew77

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think there is a finished decompilation of SA1. Only 2 I know of are one that got abandoned ~14 years ago and another that is a work in progress but not sure how far along it is. Without a finished decompilation, it's impossible.

It is also not easy to port a game to another console, even if you have the source code. You will need a decent internal understanding of the platform you want to port to (the switch in this case) and a lot of knowledge of the language it is coded in (likely c++ or something similar).

xXWILLIAMXBARROSXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't think there is a finished decompilation of SA1. Only 2 I know of are one that got abandoned ~14 years ago and another that is a work in progress but not sure how far along it is. Without a finished decompilation, it's impossible.

It is also not easy to port a game to another console, even if you have the source code. You will need a decent internal understanding of the platform you want to port to (the switch in this case) and a lot of knowledge of the language it is coded in (likely c++ or something similar).
Well what about 2, I was thinking about 2 game as well anyway, I gonna search on youtube about it, thanks for the advised

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
@xXWILLIAMXBARROSXx
Please, add a question mark to the title of the topic, or something like "An Idea about bla-bla-bla" or "My thoughts about bla-bla-bla", or "I want to make bla-bla-bla", or "It would be good to make a bla-bla-bla".

Last edited by mathew77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol