Activision have doubts about the Wii U's child friendliness.

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Everyone knows Wii U haven't been selling so well as expected. It seems Activision is a little disappointed with Wii U launch:

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick said: “We were somewhat disappointed with the launch of the Wii U, and I think it’s a challenging environment this year. And one of the things we are concerned about is what the installed base of hardware will be like for 6- to 11-year-olds. But we have a lot of confidence in the [Skylanders] franchise for the long-term. I think we’re delivering another great product this year.

Coupled with this Ubisoft, another big player in games and with a substantial Wii library, has already showed they don't have so much trust in Nintendo's new platform by delaying Rayman Legends for Wii U and simultaneously announcing it for PS3 and X360 at the same time where before it was almost pegged as an exclusive...

So, what do you think?

My personal opinion is that Nintendo have learned their lesson with the 3DS launch but they still should come up with games faster before the Wii U gets eclipsed by the newer consoles.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/wii-u-launch-has-been-disappointing-says-activision-boss/

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
The amount of inaccuracy in this post is appalling.

Activision isn't Ubisoft. They're competitors. Ubisoft delayed Rayman Origins. Not Activision.
Mr. Kotick seems to be concerned about the fact that less 6-11 year olds own a WiiU than a Wii, which therefore makes Skylanders for the WiiU less profitable.
Nintendo is coming out with new games, didn't you see that Nintendo Direct? Wind Waker HD, X, Bayonetta 2, and tons more
The next PlayStation is due to come out around November-December this year. That gives Nintendo tons of time to release games.

Thread title is directly contradictory to Kotick's statements. He's worried that there are few 6-11 year olds owning WiiUs.

Misleading title is misleading. misleading title is fixed.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering that too SS. Does Activision have some kind of sales record, or have the ability to check the general age of Wii U Nintendo Network users? Not saying it's not possible due to Nintendo being a kid friendly name, but gotta back up your claim Activision.

P.S. Wanted to also point out like everyone else Ubisoft manages Rayman, not Activision.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's like Ron said, Activision probably thinks the WiiU won't be as attractive to young kids like the Wii was. Personally I find that as a somewhat good thing, while Skylanders isn't a bad game per se, it is quite sad what has happened to Spyro the Dragon in the past years.
And yeah, like previously mentioned Ubisoft and Activision are completely different companies.

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's like Ron said, Activision probably thinks the WiiU won't be as attractive to young kids like the Wii was. Personally I find that as a somewhat good thing, while Skylanders isn't a bad game per se, it is quite sad what has happened to Spyro the Dragon in the past years.
And yeah, like previously mentioned Ubisoft and Activision are completely different companies.

I misinterpreted one sentence and kind of ruined my first USN post. That's a bummer... :(

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I misinterpreted one sentence and kind of ruined my first USN post. That's a bummer... :(

Edit the thread and report your first post with a request for a mod to change the tittle, it'll be better that way.

Reactions: chyyran

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm wondering that too SS. Does Activision have some kind of sales record, or have the ability to check the general age of Wii U Nintendo Network users? Not saying it's not possible due to Nintendo being a kid friendly name, but gotta back up your claim Activision.

P.S. Wanted to also point out like everyone else Ubisoft manages Rayman, not Activision.

Nintendo systems nowadays asks users their age and birthday, I guess third parties have access to this kind of information.

Edit the thread and report your first post with a request for a mod to change the tittle, it'll be better that way.

Already did that, thanks!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Right, but why would Activision get access to that information?
To cater to the console's audience better. It's entirely possible that the EULA you agreed to and never read because nobody does allows Nintendo to share this information for such purposes. Don't worry, it's anonymous anyways.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The amount of inaccuracy in this post is appalling.

Activision isn't Ubisoft. They're competitors. Ubisoft delayed Rayman Origins. Not Activision.
Mr. Kotick seems to be concerned about the fact that less 6-11 year olds own a WiiU than a Wii, which therefore makes Skylanders for the WiiU less profitable.
Nintendo is coming out with new games, didn't you see that Nintendo Direct? Wind Waker HD, X, Bayonetta 2, and tons more
The next PlayStation is due to come out around November-December this year. That gives Nintendo tons of time to release games.

Thread title is directly contradictory to Kotick's statements. He's worried that there are few 6-11 year olds owning WiiUs.

Misleading title is misleading.

It will be released before summer holidays.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AYGQlDV.png

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Re Ubisoft and Activision

I read it as akin to Ubisoft has .... with the implied follow up being "and now Activision is displaying a less than optimistic outlook for the fortunes and potential of the Wii U".

Still I will change the title.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG Activision THE LAW the go to guy of gaming industry the makers of such classics as ...... well COD and .... some other games i think
GOD BLESS THEM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4