Hacking act.dat and idps.hex CFW/HEN (tutorial)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evilnat has created a license activator as part of cfw tools (should be at the top of the network column) in case you don't want to open each game to unlock it via cobra 8.20. cfw tools I think is part of hen, but it's called hen settings or hen tools or something like that. it's where you can dump klicenses to unlock dlc with a fix. you need the klicense to decrypt the content (to make .edat into a .dat file). I don't know if this works with hen though, like if a fix works. you need the license to make one, and if the game and rif are on your system, you need the idps and act.dat as well. however, I've heard apollo can dump your rif files, not sure if it works with hen, but you'd need an act.dat that purchased the content for it to work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

webman mod can also dump the klicense, but I forgot how to with that. with cfw tools/settings, you need to enable klicense dumping, then open the game (play for a few moments), then copy the log file to your pc from the tmp directory. it will log all klicenses, but it's best to clean the log every now and then (also in cfw tools/settings) or you might get games confused. it says title id and exact file though. they're almost always edat files, but I've seen one or two games that had sprx like this.

however, psn liberator and ps3 tools (by aldostools) has a klicense repository, so most often you don't have to dump it yourself. one has just title ids, the other game names iirc. it makes it much easier.

Reactions: Codemastershock

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that it is, yes. however, I've never used hen. another option to dump the klicense is to search for it in the eboot, just need the rap file, but some edat files are dummy, so it won't tell you this. it will just keep searching. to know if a file is dummy, rename it, then see if the game or dlc works.

might not have to do that though. this might be against the rules, since it contains keys, but this is from ps3tools. most have been recorded already:

upload_2021-6-7_15-34-4.png

the object you want is to make the game or the content free. according to psdevwiki, free content negates the rap to rif process entirely. that's essentially how fixes work.

Reactions: Codemastershock

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::tpi: