Acnl crashes on start screen

imstruggling

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hadn't played acnl in a while and I thought "sure, let's go" but then it crashed saying this:

An error occureed (ErrDisp)
Error type: generic

process ID: 38

Process name: GARDEN_P

Process title ID: 0x0004000000198f00

Address 0x004c5db0

Error code: 0xd900458b

Idk what it is or what it means. I saw another guy on here that had a similar issue with acnl, I tried what he did, which was re-install the 1.5 update, but it didn't work. There were some other fixes that did not work like, a boot.firm wich was said to kill off the ErrDisp. At this point I'm just desperate. If you guys know anything about this, please help I've been struggling with this for over a year. I should probably also add that I am not in the slightest an expert, idk anything about crashes and all that.
Post automatically merged:

P.S. I'm sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong place or whatever but I am not familiar with this website and this is the first ever annoying problem that I actually encountered on the 3ds since installing cfw. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use the report function on the other post and ask the moderators to remove the one.

Your Error code: 0xd900458b can be result of corrupted save data or extdata, maybe caused by sdcard error.
  • Plug the SDCard to PC and run in Powershell chkdsk X: f/ (X your driveletter) and try again.
  • Else use Checkpoint to backup your extdata and savegame. Then use the 3DS datamanagement and remove this data. Remove mods, disable cheats if you use some. Try to launch the game again in original state.
  • Check luma settings and disable NEW CPU options and also disable game patching.
  • Disable a bootloader (fastboot3DS) if used and use luma normal.
  • Else backup the SDCard to PC and run h2testw for a full write and read test on the card. If the Card is corrupted it will show it. Then reformat, copy all stuff back and try again.
  • Last solution would be remove the Nintendo 3DS folder and let the system create a new one when you reinsert the card to the 3DS. Reinstall the game and try again. Additional info

Last edited by Sypherone,

imstruggling

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Use the report function on the other post and ask the moderators to remove the one.

Your Error code: 0xd900458b can be result of corrupted save data or extdata, maybe caused by sdcard error.
  • Plug the SDCard to PC and run in Powershell chkdsk X: f/ (X your driveletter) and try again.
  • Else use Checkpoint to backup your extdata and savegame. Then use the 3DS datamanagement and remove this data. Remove mods, disable cheats if you use some. Try to launch the game again in original state.
  • Check luma settings and disable NEW CPU options and also disable game patching.
  • Else backup the SDCard to PC and run h2testw for a full write and read test on the card. If the Card is corrupted it will show it. Then reformat, copy all stuff back and try again.
  • Last solution would be remove the Nintendo 3DS folder and let the system create a new one when you reinsert the card to the 3DS. Reinstall the game and try again. Additional info
Thank you so much. I'll try every single one if I have to. I'll keep you updated.

Reactions: Sypherone

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try "importing seed" in fbi, under titles/ACNL. Make sure you're connected to wifi.
Make sure the game update is from the same region as the installed game, you can check the regions of both under fbi/titles..
If the above didn't work, backup both your save and extdata, and reinstall your game (download it from a different source). And test again.
You might need to check the sd card with h2testw for errors, but if it's just this game you're having issues with then it's probably fine, though you are free to do that if you really want to.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try "importing seed" in fbi, under titles/ACNL. Make sure you're connected to wifi.
As iam right by installing a game with FBI, since version 2.2.2 the Seed for the game will be installed automatically by FBI if needed. And related to this SeedDB-list there is none for Animal Crossing New Leaf needed.
FBI v2.2.2 changelog:
- Add support for importing title seeds, both when installing and for already installed titles. FBI will first look for a seed file at "sdmc:/fbi/seed/(title id).dat". If it is not found, it will attempt to download the seed from the kagiya server (a Nintendo server).
As alternative, by installing a game and visiting its page in the eShop will install the seed, too. But this will only work for in-region games.

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: CoolMe

imstruggling

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Alright, so it has been almost a week and I tried your suggestions and only the last one was the way to go. I checked for problems on the SD card, nothing. I try deleting the game and save, nothing. So that left me with deleting the Nintendo 3DS folder like you said, and it worked. I sincerely thank you so much, you're a life saver. Hope you an amazing day(or night)
and again thank you so much.

Reactions: Sypherone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9