Hacking Acekard 2i, R4i Gold 3DS or CycloDS iEvolution?

f00had

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Getting a 3DS soon, which is the best flash cart just for playing DS backups? I got a CycloDS Evolution for my DS Lite and I think I'll get an R4i Gold 3DS cause that's the cheapest but I'm not sure if my CycloDS save files are compatible with that cart or not. Are the iEvolution's extra features worth the higher price?

EDIT: I'd also like to know if the flash carts support soft reset so I can go straight back to the flash cart menu without turning my 3DS off and on again.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=290097&hl=

Acekard 2i and R4i Gold support soft-reset, not sure on iEvo.

If iEvo is worth the price or not depends on your goal. If it's homebrew then maybe, as many homebrews work better in DSi-mode. If it's DSi games... the few that need a DSi suck in general, and those with DSi enhancements have shitty enhancements as far as most people are concerned.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Make sure you get the right one. There are a lot of "R4 Gold" floating arround.

The original one is just 7 Euros from China. I love it.
grog.gif

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or buy from SlickGate:http://www.slickgate.com/r4i-gold-wood-compatible-for-3ds-nds-lite-ndsi-ndsi-xl-ndsi-142-compatible_p1326.html

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
f00had said:
Getting a 3DS soon, which is the best flash cart just for playing DS backups? I got a CycloDS Evolution for my DS Lite and I think I'll get an R4i Gold 3DS cause that's the cheapest but I'm not sure if my CycloDS save files are compatible with that cart or not. Are the iEvolution's extra features worth the higher price?

EDIT: I'd also like to know if the flash carts support soft reset so I can go straight back to the flash cart menu without turning my 3DS off and on again.
No, stay away from it. The Cyclo team has a terrible rep. Get AK2i or R4iGold.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of the 3, I'd say AK2i (realhotstuff, $18 free shipping), but I don't have much experience with R4's. However if you've got the funds for an iEvo why not just jump on the DSTWO?

xinyyy78 said:
I think DSTWO is a good choice~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk