Hacking Acekard 2i or M3i Zero Sakura?

jozsua_cruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I am planning to buy a Nintendo DSi XL. I want to sell my DSi to my cousin with the flashcart which is Acekard2i. I've been using it for almost a year and half now and its great. I dont know if I should buy it again or the new M3i Zero. I want to know your experiences with this kart and both advantages and disadvantages or maybe some features. Advice wouldn't hurt too. Thanks.
smile.gif

shideneyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I advice you to buy a SCDSTWO; if you can't, i have the Acekard 2i, and i have the M3i Zero, and I think the Acekard 2i is better. The M3i Zero is too slow, and the firmware is outdated... (there is the Sakura firmware, however, I prefer a modded Moonshell 2 xD)
If you still plan to buy it, buy Itouch 2i instead, it's cheaper) , you can boot the M3i Zero firmware
wink.gif

jozsua_cruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shideneyu said:
Hello,
I advice you to buy a SCDSTWO; if you can't, i have the Acekard 2i, and i have the M3i Zero, and I think the Acekard 2i is better. The M3i Zero is too slow, and the firmware is outdated... (there is the Sakura firmware, however, I prefer a modded Moonshell 2 xD)
If you still plan to buy it, buy Itouch 2i instead, it's cheaper) , you can boot the M3i Zero firmware
wink.gif

thanks for your suggestion but I'd rather stay in those 2 choices. :\ Maybe I'm buying another acekard2i..

jozsua_cruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeltaBurnt said:
Go with the Acekard2i. While I love Sakura to death, the updates have really slowed down lately. The one downside to the Acekard, though, is it doesn't have RTS/RTG/Slow Motion.

I wanna know why a lot of people loves sakura so much?
unsure.gif
and what is that slow motion?

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Go with the Acekard2i. While I love Sakura to death, the updates have really slowed down lately. The one downside to the Acekard, though, is it doesn't have RTS/RTG/Slow Motion.
Okay this is true I have both and M3 Real and Acekard 2i and the best is definately acekard and with akaio it's the best cart ever
yaynds.gif

shideneyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Slow motion is a special mode which allows you to slow down the game. In my point of view, it's useless xD But it's still better to have it.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jozsua_cruz said:
DeltaBurnt said:

unsure.gif

Sakura just has a really smooth feel and look to it. Plus it has a lot of cool themes. Oh and a lot of people like how it can play music/videos right in the menu (you don't need Moonshell).

Slow Motion is a feature that let's you play your game in Slow Motion, just as the name says
tongue.gif

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jozsua_cruz said:
DeltaBurnt said:

unsure.gif
People loved Sakura because it's a smexy loader looking just like moonshell2
biggrin.gif

jozsua_cruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ohh.. since it isn't really that useful hehe.. xD But I do love the part where you dont need moonshell..but since 2 people already said that Acekard is better..I think I made my choice..
smile.gif
besides, I already used it before.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really don't care for the M3i, I had a lot of bad experiences with it.

The first one I ordered had a faulty USB cable, forcing me to order a second.
When I got to use it, the firmware was pretty crappy. Games would perform poorly on a good microSD (the same I was using in my Acekard).
Sakura was okay-ish, but pales in comparison to just booting Moonshell on ANY flashcart.

You want my opinion? Get the Acekard 2i, or if you want fancy features look into the Supercard DSTwo, just avoid the M3i Zero.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
I really don't care for the M3i, I had a lot of bad experiences with it.

The first one I ordered had a faulty USB cable, forcing me to order a second.
When I got to use it, the firmware was pretty crappy. Games would perform poorly on a good microSD (the same I was using in my Acekard).
Sakura was okay-ish, but pales in comparison to just booting Moonshell on ANY flashcart.

You want my opinion? Get the Acekard 2i, or if you want fancy features look into the Supercard DSTwo, just avoid the M3i Zero.

I found Sakura to be good replacement for Moonshell actually, if only it got a few more updates like plugins for running nes roms from the menu.

And the OP already said he'd rather just choose between the M3 and Acekard2i.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an AK2i and a M3DS Real, and like the AK2i better but would go with the M3 because of more frequent updates. I can remember for a while there I was using my M3DS real and CycloDS more than my AK2i because the new games just would not work on the AK2i. I would say that the AK2i runs smooth like my CycloDS. My M3DS real would sometimes fail to boot, causing my to reboot it a few times just to get it to work. I'm happy with all 3 brands of flashcarts I own, and you cannot go wrong with an AK2i or a M3i Zero, I just wish the Cyclops team would release a flashcart compatible with the DSi.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I've seen, the only carts that run new AP protected games without patching lately have been CycloDS, Supercard DSTwo (and Supercard DSONEi aswell, I think). Cyclo obviously isn't an option for you since it doesn't support DSi. This topic suggests that M3i Zero probably isn't the best choice either. Ak2i isn't as good as everyone would like you to think. DSONEi seems like a good cart, for a nice price. Maybe some DSONEi owner could give his thoughts on this. DSTwo is obviously the best choice, also the most expensive though.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Miser said:
From what I've seen, the only carts that run new AP protected games without patching lately have been CycloDS, Supercard DSTwo (and Supercard DSONEi aswell, I think). Cyclo obviously isn't an option for you since it doesn't support DSi. This topic suggests that M3i Zero probably isn't the best choice either. Ak2i isn't as good as everyone would like you to think. DSONEi seems like a good cart, for a nice price. Maybe some DSONEi owner could give his thoughts on this. DSTwo is obviously the best choice, also the most expensive though.

We've already established that the M3 isn't the best choice for playing games. Furthermore, OP already said he only wants to choose between the Acekard2i and M3i Zero. If anything he probably already bought an Acekard.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
We've already established that the M3 isn't the best choice for playing games. Furthermore, OP already said he only wants to choose between the Acekard2i and M3i Zero. If anything he probably already bought an Acekard.
You're saying that if someone came here asking whether he should choose R4i Renovation or R4 NDSill 3D, you wouldn't recommend an Acekard instead? Doubt that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F