Hacking AceKard 2 or M3 DS Real

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy, acekard. It's far cheaper, has a nicer interface, gets even more functionality with the AKAIO firmware, and is all and all just a superior card except for the m3's real time save, but that's not really all that necessary of a function, imo. And I do have both, in case you were wondering.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want functions / GUI ... go for M3DS Real ... Sakura firmware have far superior interface than any other card....

if your budget is low and just want to play some games, go for acekard 2, but be aware that a lot of ak2 have FAT problem that people keep encounter with...

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The FAT problems were fixed months ago with the release of the Acekard 2.1.

I personally prefer the Acekard menu to Sakura, but I may be in the minority there. Both menus are pretty, but the Acekard menu seems to be more functional to me. I like to use the stylus and I find that all the sliding and moving things around in Sakura gets to be cumbersome. Plus Sakura seems to need to restart after just about every change (at least it did when I used it -- maybe they've fixed it since then).

-Bri

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Bri said:
The FAT problems were fixed months ago with the release of the Acekard 2.1.

I personally prefer the Acekard menu to Sakura, but I may be in the minority there. Both menus are pretty, but the Acekard menu seems to be more functional to me. I like to use the stylus and I find that all the sliding and moving things around in Sakura gets to be cumbersome. Plus Sakura seems to need to restart after just about every change (at least it did when I used it -- maybe they've fixed it since then).

-Bri
Actually, Sakura works with double tapping as well, you don't have to slide things at all, it's your choice how will you manage the browser..
In my opinion, Sakura works much sleeker, nicer..
And with implemented media center (DPG player, mp3 player, eBook reader and picture viewer) it's a clear winner in the GUI part of any cart! (It has the best functionality of them all, and the best DPG player that is developed for NDS up till this date, yeah better then last version of Moonshell)..
Also, Bri, Sakura needed restarting only when you did a game setup, for setting up Sakura itself, you didn't needed to restart it, also, that has been fixed in the last versions (only GBA setting screen needs restarting)..
In next official update, Sakura should be getting RTS!
In my opinion M3 Real is by far superior to AceKard, but then again, if you consider price, and you want your cart mainly for gaming, consider AK2..But if you plan to use it as a media player as well, then without a doubt M3 Real!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love the AceKard 2, but the M3 Real is still better. It has Sakura (a very nice menu with media functions in it), the best GBA support available and features like Real Time Save which the AK2 lacks.

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sakura is better for playing music, but try changing settings for games in Sakura and things aren't quite so nice, are they? I've used both interfaces for a good amount of time and the Acekard interface is superior - especially when you use AKAIO, which is getting better with the 1.3 beta, and there is GBA support via the 3-in-1. Also, Sakura's still got crappy homebrew support and RTS requires you to boot into the Real firmware. If Sakura added RTS and made it easier to change settings (preferably from within the GUI) then it would be a lot closer.

But remember, the Acekard is still cheaper. Go with the M3 Real if you need the RTS that badly.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
i have a ak2 (as well as a r4[cyclo got stolen]) and i must say that its not that bad. its open-source and cheap. m3 sakura is great too (i only tried homebrew edition that doesnt boot games) but changeing skins is sorta tricky and cant play dpgs well for me.
the ak2 also has a built in media center as well.
it supports dsm, mp3s and i think it can view pictures?
but, yeah go for the ak2.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
i have a ak2 (as well as a r4[cyclo got stolen]) and i must say that its not that bad. its open-source and cheap. m3 sakura is great too (i only tried homebrew edition that doesnt boot games) but changeing skins is sorta tricky and cant play dpgs well for me.
the ak2 also has a built in media center as well.
it supports dsm, mp3s and i think it can view pictures?
but, yeah go for the ak2.

m3sakura skin is not hard to change, just click on the skin file then it will change on its own, how tricky that is?...

and DPG I should say sakura have far more superior support for videos than any other card, since all other card just a rip off from original Moonshell...

I have never had a problem with sakura playing video, it shows perfectly without frame glitch while having too much frame per second or too much color changes...

the original moonshell and any other card will definitely (from what I been tested) have frame glitch on the part I mention above, even when its 14fps video...
but sakura doesn't have any problem on that...

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
It's worth mentioning that you won't be able to use any of the latest versions of Rudolph's homebrew tools since he locks out all M3 devices. How much that should impact your decision depends on whether you planned on using them.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
It's worth mentioning that you won't be able to use any of the latest versions of Rudolph's homebrew tools since he locks out all M3 devices. How much that should impact your decision depends on whether you planned on using them.

not even worth to mention since there are none of the homebrew that I have seen that is useful enough ...

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got an Acekard and its awesome...but I do use the Sakura DLDI hack on it for video though
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Actually, Sakura works with double tapping as well, you don't have to slide things at all, it's your choice how will you manage the browser..
In my opinion, Sakura works much sleeker, nicer..
And with implemented media center (DPG player, mp3 player, eBook reader and picture viewer) it's a clear winner in the GUI part of any cart! (It has the best functionality of them all, and the best DPG player that is developed for NDS up till this date, yeah better then last version of Moonshell)..
Also, Bri, Sakura needed restarting only when you did a game setup, for setting up Sakura itself, you didn't needed to restart it, also, that has been fixed in the last versions (only GBA setting screen needs restarting)..
In next official update, Sakura should be getting RTS!
In my opinion M3 Real is by far superior to AceKard, but then again, if you consider price, and you want your cart mainly for gaming, consider AK2..But if you plan to use it as a media player as well, then without a doubt M3 Real!

Good to know they have fixed or are fixing some of the problems. When I tried it, Sakura seemed pretty clunky with the restarting and the rather confusing settings menu. But even with those things fixed (and it doesn't sound like they're all fixed yet, but it's getting there) I still prefer the AK2 menu, and I still think the AK2 menu is easier to use and much more intuitive. Just my opinion though, and like I said, I may be in the minority.

-Bri

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an M3 Real and i use the three in one frimware called iSakuReal which is the firmware of the iTouch, M3 Sakaura and the original M3 Real firmware. The reason i chose this firmware and this card it that the M3 real firmware has a decent firmware and is very hombrew compatible and i like it but M3 Sakura is far better the User Interface is sleek sensitive and is all around better than anything ive ever seen on a flash cart but its hombrew compatiblity is limited at this point. iTouch firmware where to start...well i dont have much to say about it because i never use because i dont like it lol. but M3 with firmware iSakuReal=the best flashcart ever IMO becaus ill sum it up with this
1. You get the best looking GUI/firmware with sakura IMO
2. by press x on startup you revert back to the standard m3 real firmware with hombrew support and real time save and a well made GUI
so the best way to go is to get the M3 put iSakuReal on it and get the RAM pak for your GBA games

NOTE: BEWARE OF FAKE M3 CARDS IF YOU GO TO THE M3 SITE www.m3adapter.com IT WILL HAVE A NOTICE ON THE FIRST PAGE ABOUT THE FAKE CARDS AND SHOW YOU THE DIFFERENCES BEWARE!!! end of note

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
What do you mean by that? I have the latest versions of his WiFi dumping tool along with his GBA Backup Tool and they both work fine on my M3DS Real.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the latest ver anyway
but you shouldnt need that because the cart can already play almost every gba game with the exp pak

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Yea but his GBA loader doesn't work on an M3DS Real Expansion cart
So? Just get an M3 Expansion Pack and you can launch GBA games right from the menu. I don't see this as a problem.

EDIT: After reading it again I see what you mean. Basically if you're going to get a M3DS Real, get the Expansion Pack M3 offers. Otherwise, get a 3-in-1. That way you won't run into any problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1