Gaming Accessing previous Wario Cup challenges in WarioWare: Get It Together!

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since yesterday (on 4/18/2021), after I did some reconfiguration relating to sigpatches after a CFW upgrade, I decided to test a few games I had installed to ensure that I didn't run into corrupted software issues. During my testing, WarioWare: Get It Together! was one of the games I tested, and during my playtime, I decided that I try something I haven't tried before: Wario Cup challenges.

Previously, I thought that I couldn't access them at all, but when I decided to continue to connecting, I was surprised to see this feature work without the need for online Nintendo services (perhaps because just retrieving the challenges doesn't require Nintendo Switch Online, and that action mainly being read-only), and even while on Atmosphere CFW and playing on an emuMMC with serial blanking enabled. I know that ranked mode still requires connecting to Nintendo servers, which I didn't enable. This still didn't let me access anything else that does connect to Nintendo servers, but that isn't my main concern here. Continuing forward, I got access to the latest challenge at the time, Carry On. As of this writing, the current one is Twice as Nice.

I know that I can still replay previous challenges for high scores, but as of this writing, I only have access to the two challenges mentioned above, not any of the ones before them. Unfortunately, I only accepted the first-time prompt to connect to the internet for Wario Cup yesterday, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with this problem. Right now, I gained access to the previous challenges screen, of which the only challenge that I can access is Carry On, at the very top of the list. I can't access the other challenges before that one, even though it says that I can access previous challenges even if their initial periods have been missed.

Given my situation as described above, how can I gain access to the previous Wario Cup challenges (going all the way back to when the game first released on 09/10/2021) even though I accepted the first time prompt late? Alternatively, is it that I can only see the Wario Cup challenges since when I first accepted the first time prompt? If I'm also considering to use another save file uploaded by someone else that may have had access to more previous Wario Cup challenges, how can I transplant that access without losing my existing progress?

I have access to backing up my save files, but I'm no good at editing most of them by myself, and BCAT files are not utilized for this game - I hope I'm not SOL given my situation as described above.

three-dee-ess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm sorry for reviving this but I wanted to ask if you ever found a way to access previous wario cup challenges? I'm struggling with the exact same problem myself. Thanks regardless

Edit: Apparently its possible to unlock all 52 wario cup challenges using an emulator as I see videos of that online but it doesn't seem possible to do it on actual switch hardware...? I currently can't even unlock the current challenge because my switch won't connect to Nintendo's servers due to Exosphere, etc. and I'm too nervous to mess with it and risk getting banned. It's frustrating because those challenges are all in the game's code but I can't find a way to force access to them...

Last edited by three-dee-ess,

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm sorry for reviving this but I wanted to ask if you ever found a way to access previous wario cup challenges? I'm struggling with the exact same problem myself. Thanks regardless

Edit: Apparently its possible to unlock all 52 wario cup challenges using an emulator as I see videos of that online but it doesn't seem possible to do it on actual switch hardware...? I currently can't even unlock the current challenge because my switch won't connect to Nintendo's servers due to Exosphere, etc. and I'm too nervous to mess with it and risk getting banned. It's frustrating because those challenges are all in the game's code but I can't find a way to force access to them...
Better late than never, but I never found a way to unlock them. Now that you told me that you found videos online that show how to unlock the challenges, can you show me which ones those are? I'm still curious to see how it's done, even though I'm focused on other games.

three-dee-ess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better late than never, but I never found a way to unlock them. Now that you told me that you found videos online that show how to unlock the challenges, can you show me which ones those are? I'm still curious to see how it's done, even though I'm focused on other games.
This video:

He's running on Yuzu and in the comment section he says all he did was boot the game up once, close the game, change the emulator's time to be over a year later, and boot the game up again with all unlocked. It makes me wonder if this really is impossible on real hardware or not...

Reactions: Worldblender

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This video:

He's running on Yuzu and in the comment section he says all he did was boot the game up once, close the game, change the emulator's time to be over a year later, and boot the game up again with all unlocked. It makes me wonder if this really is impossible on real hardware or not...

It is possible to change the date and time on a real Switch, though I haven't tried that yet. Did the person first boot the game on a certain date, and when?
The OS will allow the date to be changed up to 12/31/2060 (the 2.0 update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons prevents the game from running beyond that date, even though it can progress into 1/1/2061 until 5 AM that day). I could give this a try, but other games are taking up my focus. Otherwise, I can try to load my existing save file into Yuzu to perform the actions in this video, and then copy it back to my real Switch.

three-dee-ess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible to change the date and time on a real Switch, though I haven't tried that yet. Did the person first boot the game on a certain date, and when?
The OS will allow the date to be changed up to 12/31/2060 (the 2.0 update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons prevents the game from running beyond that date, even though it can progress into 1/1/2061 until 5 AM that day). I could give this a try, but other games are taking up my focus. Otherwise, I can try to load my existing save file into Yuzu to perform the actions in this video, and then copy it back to my real Switch.
I'm might try messing around with switch-time to see if that can do anything, but what I'm curious about is how he even accessed Nintendo's wario cup servers from an emulator in the first place? I still can't get even the current wario cup to register since it acts like I have no internet at all due to Exosphere. What is he doing with Yuzu to allow him to get that data in the first place and is that method translatable to real hardware? If not, then copying the file to Yuzu than back to your Switch once you perform the exploit would be the next best option, that really is a good idea.

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm might try messing around with switch-time to see if that can do anything, but what I'm curious about is how he even accessed Nintendo's wario cup servers from an emulator in the first place? I still can't get even the current wario cup to register since it acts like I have no internet at all due to Exosphere. What is he doing with Yuzu to allow him to get that data in the first place and is that method translatable to real hardware? If not, then copying the file to Yuzu than back to your Switch once you perform the exploit would be the next best option, that really is a good idea.
Here's how I recall gaining access to the
Wario Cup challenges in the first place:
I'm still surprised that I can access these challenges in the first place; maybe these servers are not running off of a Nintendo domain, that's part of why.
The Boxcat service Yuzu ships as their BCAT replacement may also play a part: https://yuzu-emu.org/help/feature/boxcat/

three-dee-ess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's how I recall gaining access to the
Wario Cup challenges in the first place:
I'm still surprised that I can access these challenges in the first place; maybe these servers are not running off of a Nintendo domain, that's part of why.
The Boxcat service Yuzu ships as their BCAT replacement may also play a part: https://yuzu-emu.org/help/feature/boxcat/
Thank you so much for that info. Once I get a chance I will mess around some more and do some testing. I'll let you know if I find anything new

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for that info. Once I get a chance I will mess around some more and do some testing. I'll let you know if I find anything new
You're welcome. I thank you for showing me that video (though I haven't actually watched it yet) that does show it's possible to unlock all the Wario Cup cchallenges, and that there is a ffinite amount of them. Gaining access to these challenges may make me more motivated to come back to this game for a while, since they are what I've been missing out on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3