Hacking about to get a vita, questions

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im familiar with 3ds and wii u hacking, but no vita

after im all set with the hack on 3.6, i assume i can open the hack and it will give an ftp server to the vita where i can access the memory card.
so i obtained a backup and I want to install it, i can assume i can paste the vpks over FTP and install?... the ftp should be built into the hack?..
i got senran which came with an update and zip files, two vpks though one saying full game one saying update, i assume i install full game then update? do i have to worry about unzipping or can i just make a senran folder on my SD, install the two VPKs separately then DELETE the folder after its installed?

(noob to doing this) i see there is a vitamin and dump software however are those only needed to create your backups? ive read to install backup vpks you dont need anything...

edit: i also have another game that isnt vpk files, just folders with tons of folders... PCSE00398 and PCSE00398_addc with tons of folder inside etc etc, looks as if its ready to be copied/played? where would this go?

Last edited by jmhannz,

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so the vpk and zip files I downloaded for the one title can be ftp to vita after hacked and installed from there or will I need an app on my vita to install vpk. After I hack it. I'm familiar with ftp transferring files to install etc for other consoles

D

Deleted-379826

transfer files with vitashell via usb, no need for ftp at all unless you're transfering small files
zip files must be unziped, placed at ux0:/mai/ and then installed with the maidump app
maidump will also install dlc and updates if you have them in the same folder
If it's a VPK you can straight up install it with vitashell.

Reactions: jmhannz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1