Hacking Aaargh! Stumped with five games

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, that's what I did. I can try again though.

I saw in another older post someone suggesting putting beta52 in 249 and beta53-alt in 250. Is that a good idea? Do you recommend that?

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You only need beta53 if you have to use USB port 1 instead of port 0 for your HDD connection & don't care about EmuNAND. In all other cases it's better to use beta52, install it in 249, 250 & 251 using base 56, 57 & 58 accordingly. 249[56] should work for most games, while 250[57] & 251[58] may be useful for a some specific games (i.e. 250[57] for a Call of Duty series titles).

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I checked Priiloader, and as I thought region free Wii and GCN are enabled, so that's not the solution. I also tried toggling fix country strings, but that wasn't it either.

I successfully put beta53 at 249[56] and that didn't make a difference.

I'll set it at 250[57] and 251[58] and see what that does.

Should I set cIOS to default, or should I set it individually to 249, 250, and 251 individually?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I don't know about other games, but for Kirby, you are are wasting your time fiddling with cios.
EmuNand is a way to emulate the Wii's nand and can be set to any region and as of now, its the only way to run Adventures of Tintin.
Try searching for Uneek and neek2o

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Noob question perhaps, but what is EmuNand? I see in the setting it's something you can toggle. Just out of curiosity I set it to full and change region, and both crashed and sent me back to the main menu.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
emuNAND is a method to emulate the NAND, it means it emulate the internal data of the Wii using a copy located on SD or USB.

There are two method to use EmuNAND :
real time redirection by cIOS. (USBLoaderGX is using this one. It doesn't have best compatibility)
No cIOS, all the Wii is emulated: neek or neek2o is using this method. It acts like a real unhacked Wii, but loading data from external device (IOS, Mii, Settings, Wiimote synch, Savegames, etc.)

using emuNAND, you can create a fake NAND structure (file, folder expected by the Wii, but on your SD instead of the internal NAND chipset) with a different region setting.
for example, if you create a NAND structure on your SD with a USA region, when you use this path as your EmuNAND, you will have a USA wii.

The advantage is that all you do is done on SD.
Your real NAND is never affected, and you don't risk to brick it.

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So for my purposes Neek/Neek2o sounds like the way to go, right?

I see lots of older tutorials for Sneek, but I can't find anything for Uneek or Neek2o.

What's the way I should go with this? Neek2o? Are there any good tutorials for this?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It could help, but I would try running the game using all your installed cIOS'es in turn as well as using a different drive first for the sake of troubleshooting.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Do you think changing the region of the ISO using ISO Renamer and Regionfrii, as in this tutorial, would do the trick?

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-change-the-region-of-a-wii-game.362988/

As stated many times, Kirby uses metafortress protection, any patching (on the fly or to the iso) will trigger the AP unless you can find a hack that defeats the protection; and what is done by Regionfrii is now done on the fly via the country patch in modern loaders.
You can always try different cios but I can guarantee you are wasting your time.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your sysCheck says your HBC is running on IOS0, is that right? You can verify that by opening the homebrew channel and it should be displayed in one of the corners of the screen.

I remember Punch-Out having problems years ago, I found it on the compatibility list, don't know if it will help because the current usb loaders may have fixed the loading issues with it, have a look anyways.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Game_Compatibility_Table

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As stated many times, Kirby uses metafortress protection, any patching (on the fly or to the iso) will trigger the AP unless you can find a hack that defeats the protection; and what is done by Regionfrii is now done on the fly via the country patch in modern loaders.
You can always try different cios but I can guarantee you are wasting your time.

Yeah, I have no doubt the Kirby issue is different from the other four I'm having trouble with. Whereas with Kirby I can make it to the title screen, the others crash instantly. Kirby isn't the only game I'm having trouble with, of course.

So what's the solution with Kirby then do you think?

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
your sysCheck says your HBC is running on IOS0, is that right? You can verify that by opening the homebrew channel and it should be displayed in one of the corners of the screen.

I remember Punch-Out having problems years ago, I found it on the compatibility list, don't know if it will help because the current usb loaders may have fixed the loading issues with it, have a look anyways.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Game_Compatibility_Table

Thanks for the list!

What's the significance of HBC IOS0?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yeah, I have no doubt the Kirby issue is different from the other four I'm having trouble with. Whereas with Kirby I can make it to the title screen, the others crash instantly. Kirby isn't the only game I'm having trouble with, of course.

So what's the solution with Kirby then do you think?

LOL, are you for real? You have been running in circles, the answer have been given many times:
1. buy a US Wii
2. region change your Wii or
3. TRY EmuNand

I don't have Go Vacation, all other games(US) just boot fine in my region changed Wii (Jap to US), Munchables is pal even.

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
LOL, are you for real? You have been running in circles, the answer have been given many times:
1. buy a US Wii
2. region change your Wii or
3. TRY EmuNand

I don't have Go Vacation, all other games(US) just boot fine in my region changed Wii (Jap to US), Munchables is pal even.

I installed a US region EmuNand.

Punch Out and Go Vacation both work great. Boy and his Blob, Munchables, and Kirby Wii behave the same.

Any suggestions, or am I out of uck?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Is it a virgin EmuNamd, or you have installed app, hacks/cios on it?
Remember you cannot use any patch for Kirby to run. I would say a virgin EmuNand should have the greatest compatibility, you can use the build-in DI module to list the isos and run them from there. Granted, there is no beautiful UI or covers and what not.
If that still fail (and assuming your isos are good dump), then you can try option 2 or 1.
For option 2 (region changing), make sure you read and understand the procedure and the risk involved and then proceed cautiously. It is actually not that risky if you KNOW what you are doing.

Edit: be prepared to have a few Jap games stop working after region changing but so far I only have one Mahjong game not working.

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Got Munchables and Kirby both working with the EmuNand! I fiddled around with the settings on WiiFlow, and voila!

So now only A Boy And His Blob remains unplayable.

Thank you for your help! Glad to get this mostly solved!

Is it possible to get HBC on the EmuNand? Surprised ModMii didn't have an option to add that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it's possible.
you can extract your own HBC as wad, and install it to your emuNAND, but it will display a scam screen.
there was a trick to "fix" this by hex-editing a file.
I don't know if it still work with 1.1.x

(I don't remember which file, a forum search will be needed)

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You may try the new settings on real nand for Munchables as my pal copy works on my US console.
Double check A Boy And His Blob if the dump is good. It just works with default settings on my console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello