Hacking A9LH Guide Update - Discussion

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
So in this guide you pretty much just run Decrypt9 on 9.2, downgrade to 2.0 with this ctrtransfer dingy and then install arm9loaderhax?
the new guide seems easier but i'm still confused.

Reactions: KiiWii

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On the final steps of putting back my sd card contents back on the sd and i notice on the step where i'm supposed to locate

/Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/ on your SD card
  • EUR Region: Delete 00000098

there isnt any such file or folder to delete.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the final steps of putting back my sd card contents back on the sd and i notice on the step where i'm supposed to locate

/Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/ on your SD card
  • EUR Region: Delete 00000098

there isnt any such file or folder to delete.
For me it was in a folder called extdata/00000000

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, if i don't have health & safety on my current sysnand, will this ctrtransfer add it back or something?
Or is there a different way to get it back.

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think I will give it a try later.
The only thing that hold me back is the current situation.

I am on a E4.4 firmware with a 9.2 version spoofed browser (pretty high version so it won't need to install it again after an update for ar codes).

-So I directly can downgrade to 2.1 from my 4.4 3DS? Doesn't it conflicts?

-Can that ctrtransfer thing for Decrypt9 handle the version spoofed browser, since I tought I need the 2.1 browser in the next steps?

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh it's alright.
I probably sounded kinda rude as well.
Anyway, i probably don't even have to worry about it because i have a emunand with fbi and a modified health and safety app (i think).

But yeah, i understand you, i've seen those posts/threads a lot :P
Just wanted to ask here because this just got released and i was wondering if ctr already has it.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh it's alright.
I probably sounded kinda rude as well.
Anyway, i probably don't even have to worry about it because i have a emunand with fbi and a modified health and safety app (i think).

But yeah, i understand you, i've seen those posts/threads a lot :P
Just wanted to ask here because this just got released and i was wondering if ctr already has it.
I just did a 11.0 N3DSXL following the new guide using the fieldrunners downgrade method.

The biggest change between this and the old method is everything is done in sysnand so there is a lot of time saved not creating emunands backing them up and then flashing them to sysnand.

To answer your question the ctrnand does have the health and safety app. However, it is completely irrelevant as you flash your 9.2 backup to sysnand after installing a9lhv2 on your 2.1 sysnand. Since no CFW can load 2.1 you can not use a cart to upgrade to 4.x.

IF you already have an emunand just flash that over after you install a9lh instead of your 9.2 backup.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd like to remind everyone that this is a community and as such we should help each other - most of the times, when an user asks an oft "repeated question", it's because they either want to be sure of what they're doing, or because the answer wasn't as in plain sight as you thought. I can understand it can be frustrating for some users to see the same questions repeated all over, in that case I'd just recommend them to skip over those posts and continue with the thread (or other threads) as normal.

Thanks for making GBAtemp a great place :yaypsp:

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd like to remind everyone that this is a community and as such we should help each other - most of the times, when an user asks an oft "repeated question", it's because they either want to be sure of what they're doing, or because the answer wasn't as in plain sight as you thought. I can understand it can be frustrating for some users to see the same questions repeated all over, in that case I'd just recommend them to skip over those posts and continue with the thread (or other threads) as normal.

Thanks for making GBAtemp a great place :yaypsp:
Ouch, we felt the ban hammer XD

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so... with vc gba games and other games now on the same nand, i actually start to creep up to the 300 item limit of the homemenu.
does luma/a9hl have a way to raise that limit?

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
Which one would I do for step 1 if I am on modified firmware. When I installed RXtools a year ago I used the 9.2 modified update pack (without DS-whitelist update, TWL-firm update, MSET update, AGB-firm update). When installed it turned out to be 9.0.0-20U.

Has anyone else done this on modified firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol