Homebrew A9LH can now boot without SD card

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
There's more here than just booting the system without the SD card. Not to mention I just explained that you can boot into a mini-CFW without the armloaderhax.bin. This shows that you can store a CFW on the stage2. This isn't a small accomplishment nor is it pointless.
We could also make it so for extra safety in case of doing something stupid and screwing up you'r arm9loaderhax.bin you can boot to that mini-CFW and run a app that would help you fix it without a computer, but you would still need internet connection to re-download the arm9loaderhax.bin. And we would also need to make that app small enough so that we can store it into NAND. But still if you are on a vacation and you happen to screw up your arm9loaderhax.bin you won't need a computer.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
We could also make it so for extra safety in case of doing something stupid and screwing up you'r arm9loaderhax.bin you can boot to that mini-CFW and run a app that would help you fix it without a computer, but you would still need internet connection to re-download the arm9loaderhax.bin. And we would also need to make that app small enough so that we can store it into NAND. But still if you are on a vacation and you happen to screw up your arm9loaderhax.bin you won't need a computer.
I don't think somebody is going to RE wifi.
Maybe if booting fails instead of shutting off, show link to gbatemp

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think somebody is going to RE wifi.
Maybe if booting fails instead of shutting off, show link to gbatemp
If the user really doesn't want to boot without their own CFW payload, how about just a version that gives an Actual Error Message rather than just shutting down?

Or, better yet, something with FIRM protection and that pops a custom error on the home menu informing you that SD boot failed. That'd be nifty.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If the installation bug, is a hardbrick or lowbrick ?
Bricking with this is highly unlikely as long as you don't mess around with the files needed to install it.
But it would result in a hard brick if you did brick with this.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Last edited by retrofan_k,
Reactions: Amapola62

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seen this here about some bugs present:

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/issues/238

I may hold off too like P says until a stable release is out.
As far as I can tell any bugs reported are very minor, and not something to really worry about. I mean if you want to wait for official release then that's perfectly fine.
I even recommend that those who don't fully know how to install this update themselves to just wait until Plailect officially adds it to the guide. But for more advanced users it's not dangerously buggy (like it won't brick you if you install correctly), but it may give you a small error from time to time (which I haven't experienced myself yet).

Reactions: retrofan_k

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell any bugs reported are very minor, and not something to really worry about. I mean if you want to wait for official release then that's perfectly fine.
I even recommend that those who don't fully know how to install this update themselves to just wait until Plailect officially adds it to the guide. But for more advanced users it's not dangerously buggy (like it won't brick you if you install correctly), but it may give you a small error from time to time (which I haven't experienced myself yet).
I installed it, a very minor bug is that it won't boot (it'll stay at the black screen) about 1 out of 40 boots. That is very minor, and shouldn't cause anyone to not want to install it. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ironically in a few hundred billion years someone will need to build it anyway lol