Hacking a9lh and gw converted to B9S with latest Luma

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Couple of questions.

i want to retain use of my gw card.

I am thinking of updated enand for luma and run gw on sysnand when needed. I also don't have access to a bigger sd card currently.

Do you think this would be the best way to run them alongside each other?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Couple of questions.

i want to retain use of my gw card.

I am thinking of updated enand for luma and run gw on sysnand when needed. I also don't have access to a bigger sd card currently.

Do you think this would be the best way to run them alongside each other?

You could setup your sysNAND to be on 9.2 or 4.5 or any firmware which supports launching gateway, and use 2 SD cards. One with a 11.6 emuNAND, and another SD with a 11.2 emuNAND.

Setup luma to automatically boot into emuNAND, and also get the corresponding kernel .firm file for your sysNAND version (to boot into an unhacked environment so that you can run browserhax or MSET).
Put luma's boot.firm on the 11.6 emuNAND SD card, and put the other boot.firm on the other SD card.

Now, use the 11.6 emuNAND SD card every time you want to boot into luma, and if you want to use GW, shut down your 3DS, switch to the 11.2 emuNAND SD, turn on the 3DS, and then run browserhax/MSET.

That's how I use my Gateway.

Last edited by MrJason005,

Clothahump

Trophies
XP
Country
Just be careful not to update your sysNAND while running NATIVE_FIRM or the GW emuNAND as that would erase B9S.

Edit: actually not sure about the latter but still, be careful unless you're running Luma.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just be careful not to update your sysNAND while running NATIVE_FIRM or the GW emuNAND as that would erase B9S.

Edit: actually not sure about the latter but still, be careful unless you're running Luma.

I mean, if updating while in GW emuNAND tampered with sysNAND NATIVE_FIRM, we would know about it long ago as there would be GW frankenfirms in 2014

Reactions: Clothahump

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't take this personally, I'm just reporting the thread since it's a dupe. I'm assuming you didn't make 2 on purpose. Also, I would highly recommend ditching gateway entirely as it's nearly 100 percent obsolete aside from it's cheat system, but that's my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg