ROM Hack A.S.H project updated!

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Oath said:
Shouldve warned people early on that he had no intentions of taking the translation and release seriously.
Was hyped for it months ago, Ive moved on, but its nice to see its not long forgotten.

(You might need your sarcasm detector for this part)
Yes, they should have warned people in advance that they were going to lose their USB with all their stuff on it. And how dare they let their life get in the way, they should be spending every damn second translating and hacking this game for others. And with all that money they`re receiving for working on this, it should only give them more of an incentive to do this. Well you know, it`s not like that stuff matters, because everyone can read Japanese, right?

Sarcasm aside, what I mean is that they`re doing this for free when they are certainly not obliged to, they have a life, and they are doing the best they can given their current circumstances. And choosing to still continue on from all the negativity some unappreciative people gave her, I still don`t see why some people are complaining.

And to all the unappreciative people out there:
You flame her when she`s not updating.
You flame her when she updates.

Is there anything that actually pleases, you? I mean besides unicorns, rainbows and juice boxes?

Edited//

QUOTE said:
Im simply saying he probably couldve avoided alot of senseless hate and impatient posters trolling if he said from the very beginning that the translation wasnt exactly important to him.

Then they`d get even more hate for starting a project while "not taking it seriously". And just because it took a long time for things to get going, it doesn`t mean that the project wasn`t important to them. From the looks fo things, it was a one-man team.

Throw your sarcasm someone elses way, I have no gripe with the translator or the people working on the project.

Yeah, you`re right. You`re only saying that all the flaming was due to their own laziness, and nothing else.

Oath

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inori said:
Oath said:
Shouldve warned people early on that he had no intentions of taking the translation and release seriously.
Was hyped for it months ago, Ive moved on, but its nice to see its not long forgotten.

(You might need your sarcasm detector for this part)
Yes, they should have warned people in advance that they were going to lose their USB with all their stuff on it. And how dare they let their life get in the way, they should be spending every damn second translating and hacking this game for others. And with all that money they`re receiving for working on this, it should only give them more of an incentive to do this. Well you know, it`s not like that stuff matters, because everyone can read Japanese, right?

Sarcasm aside, what I mean is that they`re doing this for free when they are certainly not obliged to, they have a life, and they are doing the best they can given their current circumstances. And choosing to still continue on from all the negativity some unappreciative people gave her, I still don`t see why some people are complaining.

And to all the unappreciative people out there:
You flame her when she`s not updating.
You flame her when she updates.

Is there anything that actually pleases, you? I mean besides unicorns, rainbows and juice boxes?

Relax, Im simply saying he probably couldve avoided alot of senseless hate and impatient posters trolling if he said from the very beginning that the translation wasnt exactly important to him. There was a very long period of time where it seemed the project was stuck in beta (not sure if thats when he lost his tools or not).

Throw your sarcasm someone elses way, I have no gripe with the translator or the people working on the project.

The_JetSetBeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
The_JetSetBeat said:
That was a pretty cruddy, arrogant response. magicksun has every right to speak his mind, even if it's not in his native tongue. What a superiority complex you come across as having.
rolleyes.gif

Was it? Because I can assure you, romhackers have enough to stress over, negative support isn't support at all(unless they have the desire to prove the negative supporters wrong). Translating is time consuming as well as romhacking. Saying a project will end years from now simply because they don't have the patience to wait isn't going to help the group go any faster or be motivated to continue. Would you be inspired to continue a project for many people if you weren't motivated due to the amount of negativity? I'm working on my first project, so I know the pressure she/he must feel with responses like that. Try opening the rom yourself and translating it, try even hacking it to see how stressful it can be. psycoblaster is choosing to do this, meaning they don't have to continue, but they do despite unappreciative people. It's not hard to say thank you.

I could have worded it differently, that, I do apologize for, as well as the insult to your English, but if you're not going to say thank you or your support, why bother?

Imagine having to re-insert all of the script files in a game. If the game has a lot of script, it's going to take a while to do. It may be translated, yes, but full projects will always take a long time to do. Why not be satisfied that you're getting the best work someone can give you, even if it takes a while?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. It doesn't matter if you feel that way because you're attempting your own translation and, thus, you feel you have some deep understanding of "the plight of the poor translator" and so on and so forth.
closedeyes.gif
The bottom line is that yes, it WAS a cruddy, arrogant thing to imply someone should not to post just because their second language English isn't perfect. Yes, even if you don't agree with what they're saying.

Honestly, what you're going on about to me here would have been a better first response to him than coming across as xenophobic.
moogle.gif

--

TheGreatNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of you ungrateful little shits deserve this game at all after all your complaining. Some people have a life and can't play or translate video games all day. I was looking forward to this release as well, but if this is how people act when someone is doing their best and entirely for free I suggest Psycoblaster not release this at all and only share it among their close friends.

corr0126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheGreatNeko said:
None of you ungrateful little shits deserve this game at all after all your complaining. Some people have a life and can't play or translate video games all day. I was looking forward to this release as well, but if this is how people act when someone is doing their best and entirely for free I suggest Psycoblaster not release this at all and only share it among their close friends.
no need to be hostile also no one seems to remember that on Psycoblaster's blog he said that he was done and all that needed to be done was beta test so just wait if you cant then play it as is like I did

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I was in the Beta Test, and all the work was done, all of us Beta Testers did a great job and all... but along the way, we encountered a lot of Crashes, some programation thing, anyway the Testing is done, the translation is done, the those crashes needs to be fixed, that is all programation stuff... and Psychoblaster's working on it...

I finished the game, it was awesome, I want to do it again... that is why I am offering my help again to Psychoblaster, if there's help needed for testing anything, or even if there's need of graphic editing stuff as it's mentionned on the blog, I'm there!

oh and:

Takanato said:
Meh only thing I think A.S.H needs now is a button hack cuz not everyone digs using the stylus to play like mez.
The game does play with the button and/or stylus, yo!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4