A Hat In Time to release this autumn

image.jpeg

In 2013, developer Gears For Breakfast began a Kickstarter campaign, and raised 300k dollars for a game that promised to be a throwback to N64-era platformers. Nearly three years after the game, titled a Hat in Time, was set to initially release, we now finally have a solid release date for it. Slated for a fall release of this year, the game will also be getting console versions, on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, as well as release on Windows/Mac as noted on the original Kickstarter page. Grant Kirkhope, of Banjo Kazooie fame (and currently writing tracks for Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle) will also be composing a few songs for the soundtrack as well. A Hat in Time is a puzzle platformer, with five large worlds to adventure in, with more areas to be added as DLC later on. The game will also boast both local and online co-op.

:arrow: Source

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've been checking their blog every now and then for updates but they've been pretty silent since the beta released. Good to know that they finally have a more definitive release date, I've been waiting for that.
The beta was great so the full game will hopefully be just as good.
It doesn't have the same charm as something like Banjo-Kazooie or Yooka-Laylee but the gameplay is solid.
Sounds interesting but after Yooka-Laylee I'm not too sure about this.
It looks like a better game than Yooka-Laylee tbh. I bought and played the beta and I thought it was great.

Reactions: Chary
D

Deleted-379826

This game looks really cool, I'll definitely give it a play! Free updates on Steam too! Sweet.

Reactions: Chary

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Honestly I liked yooka laylee for me it delivered exactly what it set out to do, I think some people expected too much from it, for me it's biggest sign of successwas that more often than not I forgot it was not banjo and kazooie which often happens with spiritual successors, they spend too much time trying to top the original that they kill it

Mighty number 9 on the other hand was a bit crappy and fell into the trap of trying to out perform it's source material and falling flat

Reactions: sup3rgh0st

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wonder if it'll have any trouble competing with odyssey. haven't looked too much into hat in time, but it's a collectathon as well, right?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i really don't like that much is the overused double jump on platformers. Couldn't they relly on a single jump and desgin the levels for one jump experience? At least make the double jump when touching the ground a la mario, not that double jump mid air...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o