Gaming A Brit needs help getting a new US/Canada black Wii with Gamecube ports - happy to pay for the help!

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, so I live in the UK - my NTSC white Wii console is yellowed and has scratches all over it from when I was in hospital and my family moved stuff for me - as white consoles don't age well, I ordered a brand new nice shiny new black one from eBay, as the Wii is on its way out and I keep my consoles forever but I'm a bit OCD-ish about some things. However, shock and horror happened when I opened the box and found out that it's one of those models that doesn't have Gamecube ports or support the discs. So I have a MASSIVE favour to ask the American and Canadian members on this board:

Could someone tell me where I could order a new black model that has Gamecube ports, and if I'm unable to get ahold of one online, could I arrange with someone to buy one in a brick-and-mortar shop if I send them the money? This would obviously include a wadge of money for their trouble for helping me out - I'm pretty desperate. :(

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why the need for a NTSC console? Parts wise they should be identical save for the power supply and maybe any headphone issues. The software side of things is a 30 second change, if you even need to do that at all.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been years since you've been able to buy a new Wii with GC ports.

That said, it's possible you could get an unopened one somewhere, but the place to look would be like ebay or something, not stores in the US.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're still looking, I could check at my local K-Mart tomorrow. They've had some trouble moving consoles but kept them anyways (pretty sure I saw a fat 360 last time I was in there), and if they do still have GC-compatible Wiis, all consoles are 20% off, unless they've upped the discount; the store's in the middle of closing and they've apparently been told to move as much stock as they can at a discount instead of hassling corporate to take back the stuff they can't sell, or something.

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't no if or old is still working but what about ordering a black casing to replace the white. Only about 12 GBP :)

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you're still looking, I could check at my local K-Mart tomorrow. They've had some trouble moving consoles but kept them anyways (pretty sure I saw a fat 360 last time I was in there), and if they do still have GC-compatible Wiis, all consoles are 20% off, unless they've upped the discount; the store's in the middle of closing and they've apparently been told to move as much stock as they can at a discount instead of hassling corporate to take back the stuff they can't sell, or something.

Sorry for the belated reply - if the offer still stands I'd really appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...