Hacking 8.1.0-0J N3DS OOT hack for A9LH?

mediatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was referring to the last step of 9.2.0 ctrtransfer: "Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings"

Another problem just come in practice. Timewarp (or bluecard.cia) can not be installed properly on 8.1.0-0J. Ds profile exploit works but still it is not possible to run a ds flashcard...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Another problem just come in practice. Timewarp (or bluecard.cia) can not be installed properly on 8.1.0-0J. Ds profile exploit works but still it is not possible to run a ds flashcard...
What are you using to install bluecardfix.cia? I don't know of any reasons why it wouldn't work on 8.1.0. Some title managers may have problems with it though. DevMenu 2.x should work, not sure about FBI.

mediatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are you using to install bluecardfix.cia? I don't know of any reasons why it wouldn't work on 8.1.0. Some title managers may have problems with it though. DevMenu 2.x should work, not sure about FBI.

Used devmenu 2.x It operates normal. But when I click the bluecard on sysnand it crashes.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Why you guys make the thing more complicated?

Just to try GW MSET loading Decrypt9WIP's Launcher.dat format.

If it works, then 9.2.0 New3DS CTRtransfer.
If it doesn't work, then go back to Cubic Ninja + NTR + Private Server / Cubic Ninja + 9.9-10.7 Cart Update + 9.2.0 downgrade.

BTW, 8.1.0-0J doesn't have any HBL payload, including both CN and OoT.
8.1.0-0J only has GW 4.X NDG MSET and NTR CN payload.

Last edited by MelonGx,

mediatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is Decrypt9WIP's Launcher.dat does not work with 8.1.0-0J (even with GW MSET) and I do not have CN.

Why you guys make the thing more complicated?

Just to try GW MSET loading Decrypt9WIP's Launcher.dat format.

If it works, then 9.2.0 New3DS CTRtransfer.
If it doesn't work, then go back to Cubic Ninja + NTR + Private Server / Cubic Ninja + 9.9-10.7 Cart Update + 9.2.0 downgrade.

BTW, 8.1.0-0J doesn't have any HBL payload, including both CN and OoT.
8.1.0-0J only has GW 4.X NDG MSET and NTR CN payload.

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't you just use a .3ds cia installer after launching gateway to install system updater like plaisysupdater to the menu and then launch that and update to 9.2? then you can reset out of GW and follow the guide. Be sure to delete that one Jp update file before updating to 9.2, the one that causes bricks

mediatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't you just use a .3ds cia installer after launching gateway to install system updater like plaisysupdater to the menu and then launch that and update to 9.2? then you can reset out of GW and follow the guide. Be sure to delete that one Jp update file before updating to 9.2, the one that causes bricks

I can use devmenu. But I don't know how to update without bricking. Is it risky?

mediatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not overly, i think i remember doing it that way though you can try the update in emunand first to be safe

To be sure, you suggest to update my emunand using plaisysupdater (with cia). If it works, it means that it will also work on sysnand without a problem. Am I right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

not overly, i think i remember doing it that way though you can try the update in emunand first to be safe

And one more question. Gateway3DS has a guide to downgrade sysnand to 2.x (timemachine). If I apply it, is it possible to follow plailect's guide for old 3ds 2.x on n3ds at version 2.x

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was an accidental solution for 8.1 users with no browser to get to 9.2 using Gateway. I think it involved using a title manager like FBI to get sysUpdater running so you could install the 9.2 cias. This worked because Gateway disabled FIRM patching in their first A9LH private beta.

mediatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There was an accidental solution for 8.1 users with no browser to get to 9.2 using Gateway. I think it involved using a title manager like FBI to get sysUpdater running so you could install the 9.2 cias. This worked because Gateway disabled FIRM patching in their first A9LH private beta.

They have a method to "downgrade" to 9.2. on this guide page 8 http://scmods.com/gw_guide/GWFB-1.0.pdf . If this "downgrade" method also applies for "upgrade" I think the problem will be solved. Or is it?

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
To be sure, you suggest to update my emunand using plaisysupdater (with cia). If it works, it means that it will also work on sysnand without a problem. Am I right?

And one more question. Gateway3DS has a guide to downgrade sysnand to 2.x (timemachine). If I apply it, is it possible to follow plailect's guide for old 3ds 2.x on n3ds at version 2.x

Yeah, but make sure you have NAND backups because there is always a chance that something might fail and cause a brick. And dont use GW timemachine

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: mediatic

mediatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
https://gbatemp.net/threads/8-1j-n3ds-with-gateway-mset-red-card-update-to-9-2j.424265/page-3

Essentially, what you wanna do is grab their 4.0b launcher.dat, put FBI.3ds on your Gateway microSD, install profi200's sysUpdater, create a folder titled 'updates' on your n3DS's microSD, and put the 9.2J update cias in it. (Can't provide for legal reasons).

Afterwards you'd just boot into Gateway sysNAND, and update from there.

GW removed 4.0b on their site. I found one but I want to be sure in order to avoid bricking. Can someone give md5 of 4.0b launcher.dat?

mediatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
https://gbatemp.net/threads/8-1j-n3ds-with-gateway-mset-red-card-update-to-9-2j.424265/page-3

Essentially, what you wanna do is grab their 4.0b launcher.dat, put FBI.3ds on your Gateway microSD, install profi200's sysUpdater, create a folder titled 'updates' on your n3DS's microSD, and put the 9.2J update cias in it. (Can't provide for legal reasons).

Afterwards you'd just boot into Gateway sysNAND, and update from there.

Update worked, I am on 9.2.0-20J now( of course it shows 9.1. in sys settings).

Last edited by mediatic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol