C Dale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

So I'm not sure if this is a known issue, a size limitation, or a brand thing. I've been using the go gateway exploit to install rxtools and on the stock 4GB SD card. So far that's worked fine, and this is with a 2DS.

I bought a 64 GB Transcend SDXC card.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FB465IG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I formatted it to FAT32 using this tool http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

After this I allowed the 2DS to reset the card, then I put the appropriate launcher.dat file on the root and created the dbs folder and files. I see no indication of card errors or anything else that would cause a problem.

Now whenever I go to go.gateway-3ds.com, it will tell me the "page fails to load," then I will briefly see the black screen glitch. After that the bottom screen goes white, and the DS completely freezes. I will have to hold down the power button for 10+ seconds and restart it. I tried this process over 20 times.

If I wipe my old card and preform the same steps on it, I can load into gateway no problem. Has anyone seen this? Any idea if it's just a compatibility problem with the Transcend card? From what I've read there are other guys that use 64 GB cards and even 128 and don't have any issues.

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get it to work with my 64gb cards, I use the Minitool partition wizard. Make sure you have the cluster size set to 64kb. I also had that problem lol.

C Dale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get it to work with my 64gb cards, I use the Minitool partition wizard. Make sure you have the cluster size set to 64kb. I also had that problem lol.

Thanks Jake.

When you had it partitioned to 32kb, did the ds still recognize the card? Mine works fine until I try to go to gateway.

C Dale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It recognized it, but go.gateway didn't work.

Thanks Jake.

I will test this in the future because I bought new cards. It turns out those transcend cards just didn't work very well because one of them failed and the other spit out a bunch of errors. What I ended up doing is completely setting everything up on my 4GB card, then I used the usbimage tool and resizer to clone it onto one of the new cards (sandisk). Works great!

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you try to run the launcher make sure the Gateway card is out, does it make it to the menu? Its sounds like it tried to boot into Emunand but could not find that partition on the card.

C Dale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure, it was all CFW no flashcarts. Now it works perfectly though. The 4gb card was formatted in fat32 so it might have just been the tool I used to format that bigger card before though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu