Homebrew Official 5.5.X ELF Loader

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't one of the first things done when the Wii was exploited in Twilight Princess run .elf files? I think it was, and I recall a Sega Genesis emulator being one of the first .elf files. And eventually that method led to the ability to install the homebrew channel... is that theoretically possible with this kind of thing? Would we possibly through this method be able to install a Wii U homebrew channel (if someone managed to develop one) Cuz if so, this could be freaking huge.
Well it appears we COULD make a nice UI launcher. I'll try it and report back what happens.

eliboa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Strange... my WiiU crashes when trying to load the ELF (grayish screen).
This example just do a screen effect (fade from white to black then from black to white) so you may think it crashed. Can you quit the program with home button ?
If not, it's r real crash :P.
Btw, I helped SonyUSA yesterday with her c@ve elf issue, I forgot to tell you we found a solution, you can check out her github to see what i did to compile the elf.

cmdj13

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This example just do a screen effect (fade from white to black then from black to white) so you may think it crashed. Can you quit the program with home button ?
If not, it's r real crash :P.
Btw, I helped SonyUSA yesterday with her c@ve elf issue, I forgot to tell you we found a solution, you can check out her github to see what i did to compile the elf.
No, I cant exit (and I know what it should look like from the normal GX2 Thread example :P).
And SonyUSA already told me some stuff :)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That _Exit(); Problem is strange. It seems to work for some, but for @cmdj13 and me it always crashes. I have a 5.5.1E console.
yea thats the old problem I had when I initially wrote the elf loader half a year ago, on my 3.1.0 console it always exited properly but for some who tested it on 5.3.2 to me it could not exit as soon as the MEM1 area was touched which is getting abused by me to easly load data in user-mode without any kernel exploit, and since this is basically the same thing its probably because of that.

cmdj13

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying to compile my keyboard project (http://github.com/cmdj13/WiiU-Keyboard/) as an ELF but I always get multiple errors:
Code:
draw.o: In function `flipBuffers':
draw.c:(.text+0x28): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_Acquire' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.c:(.text+0x4c): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_FindExport' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.c:(.text+0x70): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_FindExport' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.c:(.text+0x94): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_FindExport' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.o: In function `drawString':
draw.c:(.text+0x16c): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_Acquire' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.c:(.text+0x190): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_FindExport' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.o: In function `fillScreen':
draw.c:(.text+0x23c): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_Acquire' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.c:(.text+0x260): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_FindExport' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.o: In function `drawPixel':
draw.c:(.text+0x328): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_Acquire' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.c:(.text+0x34c): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_FindExport' defined in .sbss section in init.o
loader.o: In function `_main':
loader.c:(.text+0x30): additional relocation overflows omitted from the output
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
My code uses some functions from draw.c so I put that into the src folder. I googled the errors and it seems to be a problem with linking (some files are too far away from each other to work) but I don't know anything about ASM so if anyone could tell me how to get that to work it would be very nice.

eliboa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm trying to compile my keyboard project (http://github.com/cmdj13/WiiU-Keyboard/) as an ELF but I always get multiple errors:
Code:
draw.o: In function `flipBuffers':
draw.c:(.text+0x28): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_Acquire' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.c:(.text+0x4c): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_FindExport' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.c:(.text+0x70): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_FindExport' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.c:(.text+0x94): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_FindExport' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.o: In function `drawString':
draw.c:(.text+0x16c): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_Acquire' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.c:(.text+0x190): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_FindExport' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.o: In function `fillScreen':
draw.c:(.text+0x23c): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_Acquire' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.c:(.text+0x260): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_FindExport' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.o: In function `drawPixel':
draw.c:(.text+0x328): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_Acquire' defined in .sbss section in init.o
draw.c:(.text+0x34c): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `OSDynLoad_FindExport' defined in .sbss section in init.o
loader.o: In function `_main':
loader.c:(.text+0x30): additional relocation overflows omitted from the output
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
My code uses some functions from draw.c so I put that into the src folder. I googled the errors and it seems to be a problem with linking (some files are too far away from each other to work) but I don't know anything about ASM so if anyone could tell me how to get that to work it would be very nice.
You have to include init.h in your draw.c file ;)

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just made a post.
Look in the attachements, there's all GX2 Functions (Downloads.Rar) (GX2 doesn't mean Loadiine, but more like the Graphics library xP)

cmdj13

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just made a post.
Look in the attachements, there's all GX2 Functions (Downloads.Rar) (GX2 doesn't mean Loadiine, but more like the Graphics library xP)
That does not answer my question nor is it a solution to my problem. I'd have to rewrite my whole code if I switched to GX2 functions and it would be more code to write. The draw library included with libwiiu is just perfect for my project.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That does not answer my question nor is it a solution to my problem. I'd have to rewrite my whole code if I switched to GX2 functions and it would be more code to write. The draw library included with libwiiu is just perfect for my project.

Okay ^^

cmdj13

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Last edited by cmdj13,

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France