Tarantus

Trophies
Website
ow.ly
XP
Country
Brazil
Per year?
Nope hehehe. Here we are used to monthly payments.
But, that doesn't change the fact that games are priced arroud 50~70 USD, and for those who get only 224 a month and need to pay the bills, these which can easily surpass this monthly wage, it is highly unlikely to give up on food to buy a game.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Nope hehehe. Here we are used to monthly payments.
But, that doesn't change the fact that games are priced arroud 50~70 USD, and for those who get only 224 a month and need to pay the bills, these which can easily surpass this monthly wage, it is highly unlikely to give up on food to buy a game.
My country is next to Brasil, why in there the games costs 50-70$ and here the old ones cost 120-150$? That's really shitty, Nintendo is losing sales from a lot of people in South America because they don't have any support for the continent and they don't have official retailers for their games/consoles, for them America means just USA, Canada and Mexico, and it's 2016, they should try to sell their products Worldwide like Valve or other companies.

Reactions: paulloeduardo

Tarantus

Trophies
Website
ow.ly
XP
Country
Brazil
My country is next to Brasil, why in there the games costs 50-70$ and here the old ones cost 120-150$? That's really shitty, Nintendo is losing sales from a lot of people in South America because they don't have any support for the continent and they don't have official retailers for their games/consoles, for them America means just USA, Canada and Mexico, and it's 2016, they should try to sell their products Worldwide like Valve or other companies.
LoL, reaally at 120$ a game? Do you have any online shop from your country to show me this damn prices?

Reactions: KiiWii

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bla bla bla...always waiting the next fw because hykem has nothing

Lol,You'll eat these words real soon.
I think, may be Hykem waiting for a new update fw from nintendo like 5.5.2...

Anyway, be patient and waiting
Oh hellz no. The wait is from finding a very stable fool-proof exploit that will not require websploit. A more traditional entry.
Tons of digging is going on right now. Pretty sure he found the one spot no software upgrade can fix. You will be waiting until that is finished because the other entry is being used to research the one that will release. Everyone should seriously chill out and just wait.

Also, to those wanting piracy due to the area they live in costing so much to purchase. Tough, it is clear that if you cannot afford games or consoles but purchase them anyway you are living outside your means. And absolutely nobody should feel sorry for you.
The games and consoles were created for those that can afford them. promotion of piracy has never been for those that couldn't afford it.
It has always been about sticking it to the developers. All these large corporations that profit billions upon billions. It's always been about taking them down a notch. You are never figured in as you couldn't afford it in the first place. It's always been about getting the person who was going to pay for it to not pay but rather pirate it instead. Thus removing a sale. Bantering around about not being able to afford it or it costing too much will never move the piracy train along. Because those building piracy promoting software do not care that you can't afford it.

Neesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone think it will be done one the 1st of March, Hykem clearly said it will be done when it's done. Have some hope people, something is MAYBE coming(2 things actually including Hykem
s IOSU exploit )

Reactions: Durig

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone think it will be done one the 1st of March, Hykem clearly said it will be done when it's done. Have some hope people, something is MAYBE coming(2 things actually including Hykem
s IOSU exploit )

If Hykem sees there are some homebrew games and less drama, then I'm sure he will come if you know what I mean:creep:

davevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Oh hellz no. The wait is from finding a very stable fool-proof exploit that will not require websploit. A more traditional entry.
Tons of digging is going on right now. Pretty sure he found the one spot no software upgrade can fix. You will be waiting until that is finished because the other entry is being used to research the one that will release. Everyone should seriously chill out and just wait.

Also, to those wanting piracy due to the area they live in costing so much to purchase. Tough, it is clear that if you cannot afford games or consoles but purchase them anyway you are living outside your means. And absolutely nobody should feel sorry for you.
The games and consoles were created for those that can afford them. promotion of piracy has never been for those that couldn't afford it.
It has always been about sticking it to the developers. All these large corporations that profit billions upon billions. It's always been about taking them down a notch. You are never figured in as you couldn't afford it in the first place. It's always been about getting the person who was going to pay for it to not pay but rather pirate it instead. Thus removing a sale. Bantering around about not being able to afford it or it costing too much will never move the piracy train along. Because those building piracy promoting software do not care that you can't afford it.
Im eating My word since december. ...

Reactions: Daba411

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

I still buy Digital Games or Games from USA via Mail, I need to wait like a month but oh well, I personally never said that pirating games was ok.
And it's not that We can't afford them, is just that Nintendo doesn't bring them there, and that is really dumb.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Bla bla bla...always waiting the next fw because hykem has nothing

These things take time. All the impatient people who threw shit at him for delaying the release just won't make him work faster. Rushing will make the exploit unstable. For all those impatient people who disrespected Hykem, I hope the exploit bricks your Wii. >.>

Reactions: rw-r-r_0644

Puddies

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Were getting closer!
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/686980799841701888
A userland exploit has been released for 5.4.0 and 5.5.0. !

Our current situation:

RoadrunnerWMC said:
Hi. This is my first post here, so a little bit about myself: I'm friends with Marionumber1 and MrRean, and have been graciously given access to that team's private exploits. I mainly make level editors and other editors for Wii U game files. (For the record, I'm also the person who updates the exploit compatibility table on http://rhcafe.us.to/ .)

I've been watching this thread for a very long time, and decided to finally make an account here to clear up what the current Wii U hacking situation is, since there seems to be a whole lot of confusion.

Types of exploits (sorted by amount of access granted)
With a userspace exploit (usually through WebKit in the Internet Browser), you can run Hello World and basic homebrew games. These exploits are mainly important because they are needed to run more exploits. These are referred to interchangeably as "userspace," "userland" and "WebKit" exploits.
With a Cafe OS ("kernel") exploit, you can run TCPGecko and any of the programs that end in -iine (and probably some others I'm forgetting). In order to run one of these exploits, you first need a userspace exploit.
With an IOSU exploit, you get all of the benefits of a kernel exploit, plus more access to lower-level services. Most IOSU exploits first require a kernel exploit; Hykem's is unusual in that it only requires a userspace exploit.

Exploit status on recent firmware versions
5.3.2:
A WebKit userspace exploit is available. There is a public, extremely unreliable kernel exploit in the form of the infamous OSDriver race attack. Several private IOSU exploits exist.
5.4.0: The libstagefright MP4 userspace exploit is available. The unreliable kernel exploit from 5.3.2 still exists. Several private IOSU exploits exist.
5.5.0: The libstagefright MP4 userspace exploit is available. The OSDriver kernel exploit is gone, but there is a different kernel exploit that is extremely reliable, which is currently private. Several private IOSU exploits exist.
5.5.1: libstagefright userspace exploits no longer work. There is no replacement userspace exploit yet, but I know that several people from the team are trying to find one. Nothing else has changed; the reliable (yet private) kernel exploit from 5.5.0 should still work, in theory, but can't be used due to the lack of a userspace exploit. Several private IOSU exploits exist, and theoretically work, but can't be used for the same reason as the kernel exploit.

Hykem's IOSU Exploit
The IOSU exploit Hykem is working on should work on any version that already has a userspace exploit. Right now, this means anything except 5.5.1. When a userspace exploit is found for 5.5.1, the IOSU exploit will work there immediately; we know this because the 5.5.1 update data only affects the internet browser.

Summaries
5.3.2:
Reliable userspace exploit, unreliable kernel exploit (OSDriver), private IOSU exploits.
5.4.0: Reliable userspace exploit (MP4), unreliable kernel exploit (OSDriver), private IOSU exploits.
5.5.0: Reliable userspace exploit (MP4), private reliable kernel exploit, private IOSU exploits.
5.5.1: No userspace exploit. Private reliable kernel exploit (theoretically), private IOSU exploits (theoretically). Because there's no userspace exploit, the other exploits can't be run.

TL;DR
Versions that can be used for fun hacks right now: 5.3.2, 5.4.0
Versions that can be used for fun hacks by private teams now, and by you in the future: 5.5.0
Versions that nobody has run fun hacks on yet: 5.5.1
("Fun hacks" are TCPGecko, Cafiine, Dumpiine, ___iine, etc. Things that require both a userspace and a kernel exploit.)

Hopefully that helps some of you understand where we're at right now. I'll be around here to answer questions now and then.

So, does this mean, that I should stay on 5.5.0? And do not update to 5.5.1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: although a bit ashamed