450 Nintendo Network Accounts Have Had Their Passwords Leaked

155px-Nintendo_Network_Logo.png

It might be time to update your passwords for Nintendo's online service, as nearly 450 accounts have been hacked, and their passwords leaked. You can view the Pastebin full of usernames linked below to check and see if your account was compromised. Even if you're not listed, it still might be a wise idea to change your password, just to be on the safe side.

:arrow: SOURCE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
450 accounts?.... That's it? I'd hardly consider that a breach given the scale of the service involved. There has to be millions of accounts on Nintendo's servers. You'd nearly have the same odds of winning a state lottery then finding out your on that list of hacked accounts.... :P
A lot of dupes in there, and others that were multiple accounts by the same person, so the actual number is even less; probably sub-250 tbh.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it didn't go far from Nugget Bridge. If you were on the list and accounts with the same password come up when you type your username in in Google, there should definitely be reason for panic

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah yes . I saw this.

Afaik last Saturday at night people we're spamming on Miiverse in NSLU community a discord server link , rule 34 images and other disgusting stuff. I entered on the discord they we're announcing (obviously i didn't entered with my NNID) and it was a somewhat normal discord?

EDIT : Some people we're also saying that if you entered to that discord link you would get your NNID hacked . Idek if that's true

Last edited by SonicCloud,

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's a really nice IDEA!
so, you use a password, mix it up with let's say, the site name, and the generated output will be that site password?

is it secure? they can't use the site name and the outputted password to generate the main passowrd?
Yeah, that's neat, but at that point you are sort of using a master password to get to your subpasswords, and so I just recommend a password manager then.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yeah, that's neat, but at that point you are sort of using a master password to get to your subpasswords, and so I just recommend a password manager then.
heh, i am kinda paranoid with thoose programs, how i know for sure the guy who made it doens't have a backdoor that can be exploited or something like that

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Holy crap! I forgot my 1st account password and couldn't recover it for the sake of my life! Thanks hackers!

Last edited by netovsk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf