Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Some days ago someone posted a link to a forum which linked to a program for fixing the mixed opcodes in the last part of obfuscation in the launcer.dat (the mips emulator and mixed opcodes), anyone got that link ? I cant find it anywhere and I wanted to try something with it (if its illegal to link it, can anyone pm me with it ?).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong:
HIrBkYr.png

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, before I go to the hassle of setting this up and borrowing a computer to run the client, can anyone please confirm whether SaveDataFiler can be used on this CFW to extract the save from a legit Card1 cartridge? Cheers!

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, before I go to the hassle of setting this up and borrowing a computer to run the client, can anyone please confirm whether SaveDataFiler can be used on this CFW to extract the save from a legit Card1 cartridge? Cheers!
I tested this on my Luigi's Mansion and I don't remember if it can extract but it sure can can see the game.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well I didn't try reimporting it into a CIA but it extracted fine the data. 3 'profile.dat' files inside the folder.

BTW you don't need to run the client if you have a Gateway. You just need to create a 4.5 emunand and install DevMenu on it, then you extract it and 'convert' it so you can reinject it and the CFW recognizes it.

Also Gateway doesn't allow SaveDataFiler to inject saves on card1 games on the red cart.
You have to either convert them to card2 or install as CIA.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok thanks for trying it out, much appreciated! And good tips, won't have to borrow the lady's laptop after all, and yeah CIA is the way to go, forgot that. Cheers!

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
this guide does not work, ive followed the instructions 7 times now and as soon as i restore sectors with my nand back up it makes windows 7 say this device is corrupted do you wish to format.
i dont get it, + i cant even restore my emunand backup because windows 7 again says the sd is corrupted, but if i make a new emunand then i my pc accepts it fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel