Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should have been more clear, but same thing for EVERY file hosted on that site. I was trying to grab a CSU to CIA converter tool. It's hosted on the same site and linked to in this thread... somewhere... (it was made specifically for SDF)

I have GW/CN/OOT... and for various reasons, I've just ordered a sky. .3ds format homebrew on pastaCFW just sounds useful to me

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Most likely not. You should consider this CFW to be discontinued and unsupported, apart from the few modifications nop90 has made, since the only people with access to the original source code have zero interest in publicly supporting it.

master_yoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I'm trying to get Dev Menu using Palantine so I can switch over to Pasta CFW. Like others, I'm getting the failed to connect error (after solving a missing .dll problem first).

I edited run.bat with the IP address I found the 3DS has with Wireless Network Watcher but I still get failed to connect. Even when it does boot the CFW, doing almost anything makes it freeze. I've read that opening the browser and typing in an address helped some to solve their failed to connect issue but that just freezes my 3DS as well. I've tried it multiple times, any thoughts on how to make it work?

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this broken with Gateway 3.2.2's updated emuNAND? I had it working before with 3.2.1, but now Palantine always fails to boot, with either a black or a white bottom screen. I've been trying about 10 times now. I never used to get a *white* bottom screen.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this broken with Gateway 3.2.2's updated emuNAND? I had it working before with 3.2.1, but now Palantine always fails to boot, with either a black or a white bottom screen. I've been trying about 10 times now. I never used to get a *white* bottom screen.
When you already have a gateway and can install cias and use it through that, why are you using palantine?

Jaitsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you already have a gateway and can install cias and use it through that, why are you using palantine?

I don't have a Gateway. I'm using the Spider ROP-loader to get the mset in place, then using that to boot the Gateway launcher.dat and install emuNAND, then trying to boot into that emuNAND with Palantine to get the devmenu installed so I can do everything else. I think I found my screw-up, though. I'd been following another guide ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721/ ) from memory and forgot to do the redNAND bit. My bad. Trying again and doing it right, we'll see if it works.

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only problem is my title.db and import.db on my emuNAND keep getting deleted after I create them and go to the software management in settings. I can't install any CIA because of the missing database error regarding the two files.

Jaitsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only problem is my title.db and import.db on my emuNAND keep getting deleted after I create them and go to the software management in settings. I can't install any CIA because of the missing database error regarding the two files.

On what firmware? Are you sure they're getting saved as title.db/import.db and not title.db.txt or something? I don't think I've heard of that happening before.

Reactions: solitaire4eva

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc