Apple 4.0.2 jail break or downgrade

admotonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I acidently updated to 4.0.2 firmware. Is there any way to downgrade to an earlyier firmware of jailbreak this firmware. I have an Ipod touch 3G and I also did not install the SHSH files with cydia before I updated. Can anybody help?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you do not have the SHSH blobs saved, you're stuck at 4.0.2.

I'm relatively new to the iDevices scene, but as far as I know, it should be like that.

I guess you should just wait for a new exploit, comex has already promised one for 4.1.

If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think your right raulpica, I'm pretty sure he's SOL until the next jailbreak is released.

Forgot to mention I'm typing this on my jail broken iPad with Internet piggybacked off of my jailbroken iPhone 3GS.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ignore what everyone just said. Apple is still giving out the SHSHs for iOS 4.0 on iPod touch 3G, so you can still downgrade to 4.0 (and maintain the capability to downgrade to 4.0). They'll probably stop when iOS 4.1 is released.

Put your device into DFU Mode. Plug it into your computer, and turn it off. Press and hold the Sleep and Home buttons for ten seconds, then release the Sleep button (keep the Home button down). The iPod's screen should be off and your computer should recognize an "Apple Mobile Device (DFU Mode)."

Open up iTunes and Option-Click (Mac) or Shift-Click (Windows) to restore to iOS 4.0.

Don't forget to save your SHSHs so you can downgrade in the future (instructions available on the jailbreaking guide I'm maintaining *shameless plug*), and good luck!

admotonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Dialexio said:
Ignore what everyone just said. Apple is still giving out the SHSHs for iOS 4.0 on iPod touch 3G, so you can still downgrade to 4.0 (and maintain the capability to downgrade to 4.0). They'll probably stop when iOS 4.1 is released.

Put your device into DFU Mode. Plug it into your computer, and turn it off. Press and hold the Sleep and Home buttons for ten seconds, then release the Sleep button (keep the Home button down). The iPod's screen should be off and your computer should recognize an "Apple Mobile Device (DFU Mode)."

Open up iTunes and Option-Click (Mac) or Shift-Click (Windows) to restore to iOS 4.0.

Don't forget to save your SHSHs so you can downgrade in the future (instructions available on the jailbreaking guide I'm maintaining *shameless plug*), and good luck!
Just tried this but got the same result as all my other attempts. "This software is not compatible". Thanks for your help though

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you actually have an "MC" model iPod touch 2G. If you're unsure of whether it's the second or third generation, try to use Apple's multitasking. If you can, you have an iPod touch 3G. If not, you have an iPod touch 2G.

If you have an iPod touch 2G, you could try the same instructions I gave you but with this firmware instead.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No problem.
smile.gif
Once you jailbreak, don't forget to install "PDF Patch!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum