I can't boot my switch after downgrading

Robsch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey I need your help. I tried to downgrade my firmware and it worked, but unfortunally I did the update for fat32 but used exfat and I could not pass it. Now my switch can´t boot up and I only can use hekate or other payloads, do you have an idea?

Reactions: cloud-strife777

Josephomg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup everything from your SD card to your computer, format the card as fat32 and copy everything back
hey I got the same problem however instead of downgrading I upgraded my firmware but choose fat32,however now I have a problem whereby some file unable to transfer over due to fat32 transfer limit of 4gb any advise? I trying to transfer my files back to the newly format fat32

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think nsp files,any advise
Post automatically merged:

I am transferring over my emuMMC now hopefully it work
Install your NSPs over USB with dbi, or over USB/wifi with Awoo Installer & NS-usbloader.
There is no need to put the nsp files on the MicroSD card.
hey I got the same problem however instead of downgrading I upgraded my firmware but choose fat32,however now I have a problem whereby some file unable to transfer over due to fat32 transfer limit of 4gb any advise? I trying to transfer my files back to the newly format fat32
Sounds like you don't have the same problem as the OP is unable to boot their Switch.
Hey I need your help. I tried to downgrade my firmware and it worked, but unfortunally I did the update for fat32 but used exfat and I could not pass it. Now my switch can´t boot up and I only can use hekate or other payloads, do you have an idea?
Did you check the fuse count before downgrading? You can only downgrade OFW down to the last firmware version you booted stock OFW on, as booting stock OFW burns fuses.
CFW will still work, though.

Josephomg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install your NSPs over USB with dbi, or over USB/wifi with Awoo Installer & NS-usbloader.
There is no need to put the nsp files on the MicroSD card.

Sounds like you don't have the same problem as the OP is unable to boot their Switch.

Did you check the fuse count before downgrading? You can only downgrade OFW down to the last firmware version you booted stock OFW on, as booting stock OFW burns fuses.
CFW will still work, though.
Hey I can’t boot too,got some error which states Sd card is ex fat and installed hos driver only support fat32

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can reinstall the same firmware but just choose exfat this time. I still don't get why fat32 is an option. #1 reason is people like the few in this very thread. Seriously, using the exfat option doesn't mean that you MUST use exfat, it just means that you are ABLE to use exfat. It should be installed by default, with no other option.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can reinstall the same firmware but just choose exfat this time. I still don't get why fat32 is an option. #1 reason is people like the few in this very thread. Seriously, using the exfat option doesn't mean that you MUST use exfat, it just means that you are ABLE to use exfat. It should be installed by default, with no other option.
I don't even want to have the option to use exFAT, because I could forget to format a new card to FAT32 and accidentally use exFAT without noticing, which could lead to sadness later on when the card corrupts.
I also never install the exFAT update on any Switch I've hacked for family, for similar reasons.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even want to have the option to use exFAT, because I could forget to format a new card to FAT32 and accidentally use exFAT without noticing, which could lead to sadness later on when the card corrupts.
I also never install the exFAT update on any Switch I've hacked for family, for similar reasons.
IF you're going to format for any reason at all, you should format using hekate anyway. NYX does PROPER formatting that HOS doesn't do (optimized for performance). Not to mention it copies itself back automatically, so you don't need to remove your card to boot back into it. You can just start putting your stuff on it with a USB cable, without removing and re-inserting your sd card.

Josephomg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF you're going to format for any reason at all, you should format using hekate anyway. NYX does PROPER formatting that HOS doesn't do (optimized for performance). Not to mention it copies itself back automatically, so you don't need to remove your card to boot back into it. You can just start putting your stuff on it with a USB cable, without removing and re-inserting your sd card.
Hey u got any advise when I boot into emmunand they can not read my Sd card

Last edited by Josephomg,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I always format with guiformat or Minitool. Who formats with HOS?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... you want to still be able to make the mistake of formatting to exFAT (which you can't do by mistake with NYX), but would rather it just wouldn't work in the Switch, after taking the time to copy all of your stuff back onto it... :huh::blink::wacko:

You do you, I guess. Makes zero sense to me.

Hey u got any advise when I boot into emmunand they can not read my Sd card

Depends if you're using a raw partition-based emunand, or a file-based. If the latter, the easiest thing to try is to copy everything to your PC, format the card in NYX, then copy everything back. That would solve the problem of you possibly having an exFAT sd card (currently) but installing a non-exfat firmware in emummc. It will NOT help (or hurt, really), if your emummc is corrupted or damaged in some way. But if it boots fine, but just can't see the card, that probably isn't the case. What makes you think it can't? Because it wants you to reinstall games? You probably forgot to update sigpatches properly.

Last edited by urherenow,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So... you want to still be able to make the mistake of formatting to exFAT (which you can't do by mistake with NYX), but would rather it just wouldn't work in the Switch, after taking the time to copy all of your stuff back onto it... :huh::blink::wacko:

Depends if you're using a raw partition-based emunand, or a file-based. If the latter, the easiest thing to try is to copy everything to your PC, format the card in NYX, then copy everything back. That would solve the problem of you possibly having an exFAT sd card (currently) but installing a non-exfat firmware in emummc. It will NOT help (or hurt, really), if your emummc is corrupted or damaged in some way. But if it boots fine, but just can't see the card, that probably isn't the case. What makes you think it can't? Because it wants you to reinstall games? You probably forgot to update sigpatches properly.
Guiformat only formats to FAT32. The concern is more forgetting to format a new card, not formatting it wrong (that would never happen, I'm always careful when formatting)

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Actually, me... I did a botched installation of CFW at first so I decided to just format the card and try again, but there were problems with the partitions and stuff that I tried to resolve and then my PC couldn't read the card at all.

It was HorizonOS that helped me get it working correctly again.

• Wow
Reactions: The Real Jdbye

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Actually, me... I did a botched installation of CFW at first so I decided to just format the card and try again, but there were problems with the partitions and stuff that I tried to resolve and then my PC couldn't read the card at all.

It was HorizonOS that helped me get it working correctly again.
The best is to use Minitool Wizard to initialize the card, once you have it initialized is recommended to use Hekate to partition it and format the data partition.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Josephomg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I got this error
Unable to access microsd card.
Please turn off the console and reinsert the micro Sd card,what do u think is the problem?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would check SD info before turning on UMS. A failing port will often manifest in showing 1bit mode and/or read errors. A fake card will have a bogus serial number and fw information and such...

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1