Ukraine
Reactions: lonewolf08

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Could you add download theme as CIA? Like ones which Howlin theme tool generates
Thats rly hard to do you know..
First, for the theme cia to work you need a code for each one of the theme, if another cia have the same code then they'll counter each other and whenever you install one, the other one will got replaced
Second (im not sure about this but cmiiw) the theme isnt region free, so it need to get converted for each one of region US for US / EU for EU etc

OctoNezd

*insert some funny quote here*
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thats rly hard to do you know..
First, for the theme cia to work you need a code for each one of the theme, if another cia have the same code then they'll counter each other and whenever you install one, the other one will got replaced
Second (im not sure about this but cmiiw) the theme isnt region free, so it need to get converted for each one of region US for US / EU for EU etc
It possible to use random code, right?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing themes through .cia is just more work for a less reliable way of installing themes (limited in how many you can have on the device at a time, and if you ever enter the eshop and exit all the themes are gone and you have to reinstall the themes .cia). Really, there is no reason to not use CHMM2.

OctoNezd

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Installing themes through .cia is just more work for a less reliable way of installing themes (limited in how many you can have on the device at a time, and if you ever enter the eshop and exit all the themes are gone and you have to reinstall the themes .cia). Really, there is no reason to not use CHMM2.
CHMM2 have a lot of bugs

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Could you add download theme as CIA? Like ones which Howlin theme tool generates
CHMM2 have a lot of bugs
The main problem that you will face is that if you access the Nintendo eshop or update any game in your 3DS, the installed themes are automatically disabled. CHMM2 can present many more errors so far it is the best application to install customized themes and it has no limitation in its gallery. I have 345 themes in my CHMM2. Another problem is that the theme store only supports a maximum of 50 themes. If you make a .cia package with more than 50 themes after completing the installation process, as soon as you access the theme store, it will prompt you to delete additional themes. The big problem is that you will have to delete one theme at a time. And to finish if you want to update the list of themes, you will need to delete all the files generated by the theme store in order to install the update for the new themes to work perfectly.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

OctoNezd

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The main problem that you will face is that if you access the Nintendo eshop or update any game in your 3DS, the installed themes are automatically disabled. CHMM2 can present many more errors so far it is the best application to install customized themes and it has no limitation in its gallery. I have 345 themes in my CHMM2. Another problem is that the theme store only supports a maximum of 50 themes. If you make a .cia package with more than 50 themes after completing the installation process, as soon as you access the theme store, it will prompt you to delete additional themes. The big problem is that you will have to delete one theme at a time. And to finish if you want to update the list of themes, you will need to delete all the files generated by the theme store in order to install the update for the new themes to work perfectly.
Not 50, maximum is 100

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If a theme takes my fancy, I'll download it from 3dsthem.es and then rejig the files so they're in official theme format ready to be packed into an installable cia with Howling Theme Tool.

For a 3DS on userland firmware without access to menuhax manager 2.2, I can see why CHMM2 might become an important homebrew program, though its definitely not for me in any case.

Like many I'm sure I'm keen to see where the 3dsthem.es app ends up going.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@erman1337 The settings panel is giving error, I can not save the updates.
I have already deleted the browsing history, but the problem continues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-06-18-47-39.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-06-18-47-39.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited by Ryumaru,

erman1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Ryumaru Looks like you have too many preferred tags listed; I've increased the limit

---

I've looked into why the website was slowing down.

First, the site has started to gain a lot of traffic; I'm guessing this is because of many more people are getting CFW thanks to safehax+fasthax and soundhax.
upload_2017-1-6_22-49-16.png

Second, I had a list of 800k downloads on the database that was being checked when listing the themes in popular mode; emptied the list.

Since I've emptied the download list, the website should be faster now

Last edited by erman1337,

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ryumaru Looks like you have too many preferred tags listed; I've increased the limit

---

First, the site has started to gain a lot of traffic; I'm guessing this is because of many more people are getting CFW thanks to safehax+fasthax and soundhax.
View attachment 74000

Second, I had a list of 800k downloads on the database that was being checked when listing the themes in popular mode; emptied the list.

its significantly quicker. thanks

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@Ryumaru

Thank you @erman1337
@Ryumaru
View attachment 74000

Ohh that must be why the themes are suddenly got more downloads than last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...